MegaDrumManger is now ...

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: MegaDrumManger is now ...

Postby Rovalo » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:26 pm

I stalled MDM-FX_20170705 (win10 64 pro) and after struggling with loosing MD firmware during upgrade through MDM-FX (the upgrade process fails and hangs, after switching off MD it looses the firmware), I could install firmware_20170628 with the command line tool.

I like the new view options :) and all seems to run fine, thanks for the efforts Dmitri!

One strange thing happens though compared to previous MDM, I need to enter numbers from right to left. E.g. I want to change value 60 to 95 then I select with cursor 60 (turns blue) and I need to type 59 to get 95 in the field. Do I need to change some setting?
Kind regards, Rob.

MD STM32F205RCT6 v3 (STM32d_56) full kit with 1.8" colour LCD, PDX-8, KD8, FD8, 2xCY5, 5xCY8, CY12R, 5x MPS300 DIY upgrade with mesh head/Roland cone/dual zone, Steinberg UR22/UR44.
Rovalo

Postby Kabonfaiba » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:25 pm

I reported that bug too Rovalo, it's because live updates are on, and it sends on every key press.

Hopefully Dmitri will have it fixed on the next version.
Kabonfaiba

Postby angr77 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:37 pm

Some of the problems have been fixed on the latest edition on MDM_FX on GItHub, which has the version 20170719. But then you need to know how to compile it...:-) not too easy. :-)

I was doing some job/ideas in the project...I was tempted to add a new panel in mdmfx where a complete list of e-pad configurations will be present live from a DB on the net..where you can drag n drop the requested pad into the ordinary pad panel. (And get the settings...)

Sounds interesting?

Best regards

Anders / http://www.zourman.com
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby Rovalo » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Kabonfaiba wrote:I reported that bug too Rovalo, it's because live updates are on, and it sends on every key press...

Thank you, then it is just a matter of time.

angr77 wrote:I was tempted to add a new panel in mdmfx where a complete list of e-pad configurations will be present live from a DB on the net..where you can drag n drop the requested pad into the ordinary pad panel. (And get the settings...) Sounds interesting?

I copied files from your library and load/edit them from a local dir, for me it is fine this way. Also you adding more e-pad configs to your library is a good idea :) !
Kind regards, Rob.

MD STM32F205RCT6 v3 (STM32d_56) full kit with 1.8" colour LCD, PDX-8, KD8, FD8, 2xCY5, 5xCY8, CY12R, 5x MPS300 DIY upgrade with mesh head/Roland cone/dual zone, Steinberg UR22/UR44.
Rovalo

Postby Frawo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:00 pm

angr77 wrote:I was doing some job/ideas in the project...I was tempted to add a new panel in mdmfx where a complete list of e-pad configurations will be present live from a DB on the net..where you can drag n drop the requested pad into the ordinary pad panel. (And get the settings...)

Sounds interesting?

I'm interested. For me personally, it would be enough to have a "Load from DB" Button on the pads panel. Drag 'n Drop would also bee fine, though.

I do have some ideas for the Megadrum Manager, too. For example, instead of selecting pads via combo box I would like to have a graphical representation of a drumset where I click on any drumpart to activate it in the pads panel. Maybe I can do this on my own, but at the moment I'm not even able to run the program flawlessly from source code. It compiles and starts without error, but whenever I go into options or firmware upgrade, I get the following error:

Code: Select all
Exception in thread "JavaFX Application Thread" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no mmj in java.library.path

MMJ Library is definitely in the library path, and the program wouldn't even compile without. Maybe I downloaded the wrong library version (mine is 0.93)? Can anyone help?

BTW, I really like the new application. Thank you, Dimitri!

Kind regards,
Frank
Frawo

Postby angr77 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Frank, It took me some time to figure it out...I had the same problem.
I am guessing you are using Windows?

When I took out the reference to "mmj.jar" from the classpath file in the project root, then all of a sudden the whole thing started to execute as it supposed to. (The firmware and options menu choice)

I am running on Windows 10 and the MMJ.Jar file is a midi lib for MAC. It looks like it fooled my implementation.

Best Regards

Anders
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby Frawo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:50 pm

Thank you, Anders. I have removed mmj and now everything works! :)

I'm running Linux here, so I guess you have to remove mmj when your not on Mac ...

Greetings,
Frank
Frawo

Postby angr77 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:32 am

Frank, great to hear!

Best regards

Angr77
angr77

Postby mindlessinertia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:53 am

Kabonfaiba wrote:Couple more bugs to report;

1) If Live Updates is selected, you cannot use the keyboard to type data in (numbers or names) as MDMFX attempts to send after every key press, semi-equivalent to having the insert key on - it resets to the start of the box; i.e. typing 95 = 59, typing RideEdge = geEddeRi

Previous behaviour was having to click out of the input box before live updates initiates a send command.

Although I would prefer to have it auto send after every key press, as that's a better idea, if it worked as intended.

2) SaveAll to .mds isn't saving Disabled status if it's selected on.

sorry if this has come up elsewhere, but i'm still getting both of these behaviors with the 20170829 version, which i believe is the most recent? looking forward to the next update, thanks so much, Dmitri!
mindlessinertia

Postby Kabonfaiba » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:23 pm

The latest MegaDrumManagerFX version is now 20180222. In this version:
1. MIDI Log Bar colors handling improvement by jarosz for head/bow, rim/edge, bell hits.
2. All spinner boxes now allow to enter new value without cursor jumping in the spinner box while 'Live Updates' are enabled.

Thanks for the continued development Dmitri!

P.S. I recently upgraded to a G-SYNC monitor and I thought I'd let everybody know this: There is a funny "feature" that Nvidia thinks MegaDrumManagerFX is some kind of game, and it will sync the update rate of the Java powered graphics with monitors frame rate. In this case, it drops the response to 16 FPS when idle and it becomes a laggy mess.

To fix it, go to the NVIDIA control panel and make sure G-SYNC is enabled for full screen applications only or make a profile with G-SYNC disabled for MegaDrumManagerFX.
Kabonfaiba

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software