MegaDrumManger is now ...

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: MegaDrumManger is now ...

Postby stefan1982 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:41 pm

How about a bit cleaner GUI like this? Doing less, and way easier on the eyes. Also,less options. Just the things you need at a certain page. Nothing more..

(The MIDI-options are there, just as a left-over from the screenshots I took.. Just for me..)

It's just a work in progress, but is possible in JavaFX.. I have given it quite some thought, and I have hundreds of notes here on how things could progress into a more sexy and easier to understand, user-friendly and sexy MDM-FX application. Although, there is a lot to be done and a whole bunch of options I'm not understanding at the moment (no offense).
stefan1982

Postby dmitri » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:04 pm

Everything is possible. Please note that I spend pretty much every evening/night on MegaDrum development - firmware/MDM - and also building kits/modules (soldering/assembling/CNC machining). With what time I have I do as much as I possibly can. Do you suggest not to release MDMFX until it is perfect?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby stefan1982 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:50 pm

dmitri wrote:Everything is possible. Please note that I spend pretty much every evening/night on MegaDrum development - firmware/MDM - and also building kits/modules (soldering/assembling/CNC machining). With what time I have I do as much I possibly can. Do you suggest not to release MDMFX until it is perfect?

I do take note, and appreciate all the work you do and admire your Java-skills.
As I said before, Im not bitching. Just make tour MDM easier to use for every user outthere and trying too get rid of all the recurring questions and make your life a tad easier.

Im not saying you should not release at all. The contrary to be exactly! I would love to help you (and I think more people than just me) once its released, and try to get my hands dirty myself!
stefan1982

Postby airflamesred » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:22 pm

I'd certainly be interested in helping. I think it important to bear in mind that this is for ease of use for beginners. I rarely touch mine.
I like the style of the ome you are proposing but not everyone has a default set up with bass and snare etc. The important thing for me is the ability to access an input from a dropdown.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby dmitri » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:54 pm

Please test this version.
For Mac:
megadrum-manager-fx-installer-20170629.pkg.zip

For Windows:
MegaDrumManagerFX.exe.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby airflamesred » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:24 pm

I had to revert back to a previous version, I'm afraid, the font is way too small.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby dmitri » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:52 pm

airflamesred wrote:I had to revert back to a previous version, I'm afraid, the font is way too small.

Font where? Can you show on a screenshot?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby airflamesred » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 am

1920 X 1200
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

airflamesred

Postby airflamesred » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:54 am

I do like the hit interval numbers, very useful. How acurate is it Dmitri?, or perhaps what is it's acuracy dependant on.

airflamesred

Postby dmitri » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:37 pm

airflamesred wrote:1920 X 1200

Something wrong with the display settings because I cannot read 'Recycling bin' either.
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software