MegaDrumManger is now ...

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: MegaDrumManger is now ...

Postby dmitri » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:58 am

airflamesred wrote:Anyhow, weird behaviour with this, After 'send all' ( I don't save in MD) the first hit of every pad (all 49) triggers a cymbal. It is an assigned note (82) I'm not sure which input.

Cannot reproduce it but if it happens indeed it is more likely firmware issue.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby stefan1982 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:32 pm

dmitri wrote:
stefan1982 wrote:Font-size at 2560x1440, 72 dpi/inch.
The problem is described here: http://news.kynosarges.org/2013/08/09/javafx-dpi-scaling/ in-depth, and (part of) the solution here: http://news.kynosarges.org/2015/06/29/javafx-dpi-scaling-fixed/.

-> stefan1982
The problem described there is specific to Windows, the screenshot you show is from Mac. As far as I know JavaFX on Mac has never had DPI problems and on Windows it had been resolved. Besides it is largely irrelevant to MDMFX since I manually programmed resizing.
On your Mac screenshot, why did you make the MDMFX window so small if you cannot read anything on it?

This is how it looks when I fire MDMfx, right after I download/installed it.
It is it's initial state. (I know you can resize it, but I just prefer to have a bigger font-size on startup.

When are you gonna share the code with us, so we could have a look?
stefan1982

Postby dmitri » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:18 am

Please try this Windows/Linux version:
MegaDrumManagerFX.jar.zip

or Mac version:
MegaDrumManagerFXforMac.zip

Among others, the changes are:
1. An option to enable/disable large fonts/controls with scrolling.
2. Default main window size on startup is increased by ~30%
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby stefan1982 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:39 am

dmitri wrote:Please try this Windows/Linux version:
MegaDrumManagerFX.jar.zip

or Mac version:
MegaDrumManagerFXforMac.zip

Among others, the changes are:
1. An option to enable/disable large fonts/controls with scrolling.
2. Default main window size on startup is increased by ~30%

I tried this version..
But I'm having multiple problems to connect with the MD device. I'm getting syses errors and can not seem to upgrade my MD firmware.
After I try to upgrade it, it immediately give me a Syses timeout. And after restarting both MD and MDMFX, it seems the firmware is not updated at all..

Not sure it is MDMFX which is the fault, or my MD is giving up on me.
stefan1982

Postby stefan1982 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:52 am

Pretty strange... I managed to update the firmware using the old(er) MDM, but not using the new one.
Could be a nasty little bug in MDM(fx)?
stefan1982

Postby airflamesred » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:46 pm

airflamesred wrote:Anyhow, weird behaviour with this, After 'send all' ( I don't save in MD) the first hit of every pad (all 49) triggers a cymbal. It is an assigned note (82) I'm not sure which input.

dmitri wrote:Cannot reproduce it but if it happens indeed it is more likely firmware issue.

Had to roll back to 20170503 all is fine.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby dmitri » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:56 pm

When building kits/modules in the past two weeks I've been using only MDMFX (on Mac) for initial firmware load and post-assembly testing. So far I've had no trouble communicating with all MegaDrum kits/modules I've built.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby stefan1982 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:03 pm

dmitri wrote:When building kits/modules in the past two weeks I've been using only MDMFX (on Mac) for initial firmware load and post-assembly testing. So far I've had no trouble communicating with all MegaDrum kits/modules I've built.

Than it was probably something on my side that bugged it.. Good to hear your initial firmware runs smooth overthere! :-)
stefan1982

Postby Kabonfaiba » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Made the switch to MDM FX, not happy with the legibility of the fonts.

Here's a direct comparison:
MDM.png

MDMFX.png

As you can see MDM FX isn't very optimized with space or padding like MDM of old. Reading the MIDI log is particularly problematic now. I think sorting out all the dead space would help the most, more space gains could be made narrowing the drop down lists. Might have to rename type though so the text fits e.g. Mono, 2/3way Yamaha, 3way Roland.

Also, I noticed the firmware upgrade menu in MDM FX doesn't auto hide the incorrect firmware ROMs like MDM used to do previously. I wasn't sure which was the correct ROM to flash out of the 6, so I've held off for the time being.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kabonfaiba

Postby dmitri » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:41 pm

Kabonfaiba wrote:As you can see MDM FX isn't very optimized with space or padding like MDM of old. Reading the MIDI log is particularly problematic now. I think sorting out all the dead space would help the most, more space gains could be made narrowing the drop down lists. Might have to rename type though so the text fits e.g. Mono, 2/3way Yamaha, 3way Roland.

Did you try View->Zoom, and Zoom 1.0x in particular?

Also, I noticed the firmware upgrade menu in MDM FX doesn't auto hide the incorrect firmware ROMs like MDM used to do previously. I wasn't sure which was the correct ROM to flash out of the 6, so I've held off for the time being.

Unfortunately, it is the limitation of the standard JavaFX FileChooser - you can set a filter on an extension but not on a file name.
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software