Im stuck!

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Im stuck!

Postby ignotus » Tue May 30, 2017 6:54 am

There's evidently a faulty connection in either the head trigger or the cable. If you have a multimeter test everything for continuity. If you don't, to rule out the input itself try plugging it into another input and see if the same happens. Try another cable to rule that out, and if the problem persists, it's in the trigger itself.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby porky » Tue May 30, 2017 4:47 pm

ignotus wrote:There's evidently a faulty connection in either the head trigger or the cable. If you have a multimeter test everything for continuity. If you don't, to rule out the input itself try plugging it into another input and see if the same happens. Try another cable to rule that out, and if the problem persists, it's in the trigger itself.

The trigger is a single piezo connected with another piezo for the rim.

So i unplugged the rim piezo and used the single piezo for testing, i connected the single piezo to a mono cable to test.

When i plugged it in, i set Megadrums to believe that all triggers are single piezo, just to test the trigger.

So after i click send all, midi signals of rim hit just keeps coming in.. like multiple a second, its registering alot of hits from the rim per second even though nothing is conencted to the rim (yellow bars shown on visual midi)

Even after i unplug the cable. The false triggering is still there
porky

Postby ignotus » Wed May 31, 2017 8:40 am

porky wrote:So after i click send all, midi signals of rim hit just keeps coming in.. like multiple a second, its registering alot of hits from the rim per second even though nothing is conencted to the rim (yellow bars shown on visual midi)

Then raise the threshold of the rim until the triggering stops or disable it while you do the testing. You didn't say whether the head piezo was working or not.
ignotus

Postby porky » Wed May 31, 2017 2:41 pm

ignotus wrote:
porky wrote:So after i click send all, midi signals of rim hit just keeps coming in.. like multiple a second, its registering alot of hits from the rim per second even though nothing is conencted to the rim (yellow bars shown on visual midi)

Then raise the threshold of the rim until the triggering stops or disable it while you do the testing. You didn't say whether the head piezo was working or not.

The piezo didn't register my hits, i then plugged it in into another drum shell with the same triggers (same setup, only head piezo) and it triggered properly.

I set ALL THRESHOLD to be 25 because i can't find the single channel causing all the false auto triggering.
porky

Postby ignotus » Wed May 31, 2017 4:06 pm

porky wrote:The piezo didn't register my hits, i then plugged it in into another drum shell with the same triggers (same setup, only head piezo) and it triggered properly.

I set ALL THRESHOLD to be 25 because i can't find the single channel causing all the false auto triggering.

It isn't clear what you did. Do you mean you plugged another pad (with another similar trigger) into the snare input and it worked? So has the problem been narrowed down and sorted then (faulty trigger in the snare)?

I'd disable all inputs except the ones you're working on and gradually configure them as you go along to avoid being distracted by auto-triggering inputs.
ignotus

Postby porky » Wed May 31, 2017 4:13 pm

ignotus wrote:
porky wrote:The piezo didn't register my hits, i then plugged it in into another drum shell with the same triggers (same setup, only head piezo) and it triggered properly.

It isn't clear what you did. Do you mean you plugged another pad (with another similar trigger) into the snare input and it worked? So has the problem been narrowed down and sorted then (faulty trigger in the snare)?

I'd disable all inputs except the ones you're working on and gradually configure them as you go along to avoid being distracted by auto-triggering inputs.

yes. i plugged into another pad with a similar trigger (similar as in that the trigger is also 682 drums dual but not identically the same trigger) and it worked.
porky

Previous

Return to Related Software