HiHat Input issue

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

HiHat Input issue

Postby mmullink » Fri May 05, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi guys,

I'm configuring MegaDrum with the MegaDrumManager. Kick pad and snare/toms pads work fine. I'm getting much more sensitivity out of my pads with MegaDrum than with the module the kit originally came with. Cymbals need some more work (zones and choke function) but I haven't come up to that yet. Also (easily) got the hihat pedal working but there's a strange thing with the hihat cymbal which I can't get my head around.

In the HiHat Pedal section "HiHat Input" is set to input nr 2 (default) and my hihat cymbal is plugged into input 2 as well. In the Pads section, for Input: 2 HiHat, I set note nr 74 as output note but when I hit the cymbal it outputs note nr 0.

When I set the HiHat Input to input 4, hitting the hihat cymbal outputs the selected note (74) but now my snare pad outputs to note nr 0 (which makes sense as the snare is related to input 4).
When I set the HiHat Input to input 6, hitting the hihat cymbal outputs the selected note (74) but now my ride cymbal pad outputs to note nr 0 (which makes sense as the ride is related to input 6).
Etc.

Also, when I put the HiHat cymbal into input 18 (aux1) and in the HiHat Pedal section I select "HiHat Input: 18", hitting the hihat cymbal pad also outputs to note 0.

I'm obviously overlooking something here ...????

Who can help me out?

Thanks in advance.

Michiel
mmullink

Re: HiHat Input issue

Postby dmitri » Fri May 05, 2017 4:50 pm

Post the screenshots of all HiHat Pedal settings and of the HiHat pad settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby mmullink » Sun May 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Hi Dmitri,

Here are some screenshots.

Best,

Michiel

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 17.44.52.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 17.45.13.png

Screen Shot 2017-05-07 at 17.45.19.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mmullink

Postby dmitri » Sun May 07, 2017 7:47 pm

1. If you don't use Alt or Pressroll Notes, set them equal to Note, not to Disabled.
2. If you don't use HiHat pedal Notes, set them equal to HiHat cymbal bow/edge/bell Notes, not to Disabled.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby mmullink » Tue May 09, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi Dmitri,

FYI

Your first suggestion didn't make any difference but the second one solved the problem.

Thanks

Michiel
mmullink

Return to Related Software