Problem with megadrum & EZdrummer2

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Problem with megadrum & EZdrummer2

Postby baelish86 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Hello all, im having trouble getting the midi signals from my usb midi megadrum to ez drummer.

Its linked via usb and the MDM is picking up the signals but for some reason EZ drummer doesnt wish to process them.

Under options you will see that i have megadrum usb midi selected on both midi in and midi out and i have selected the alternative MIDIIN2 for both but nothing.

Check out the video for a demo.
https://youtu.be/U6lkVSSFLx8

If this is a firmware issue then i will need help as i have read the forum about firmware and ive no idea what im doing with secure bootloaders and whatnot.

Please help!
baelish86

Re: Problem with megadrum & EZdrummer2

Postby dmitri » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:02 pm

If MDM can communicate with MegaDrum then it means MIDI can get in and out of the module. Under Windows make sure only one program uses a MIDI port. This is the reason why MegaDrum provides two USB MIDI ports - one for control from MDM and another for use by a soft synth/vst.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: Problem with megadrum & EZdrummer2

Postby Kabonfaiba » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:26 pm

Your video showed many issues.

Sort out the firmware first. Flashing new firmware is as easy as pressing Main > Firmware upgrade > selecting the firmware file. It only allows you to select the right file, so you can't screw it up.

None of your settings are synced and none of your pads are calibrated... but I guess you just want to make sure EZD is working first? Seems backwards to me, but okay.

Your device type should be ASIO drivers, not MME.

MIDI Device in EZD2 should be "MIDIIN2" only, since the other "Megadrum USB MIDI" is being used by MDM while the port is open. Either way, select only 1.

Your desktop wallpaper seems to be animated, I highly advice you stop running unnecessary processes on your CPU while doing real time triggering.
Kabonfaiba

Return to Related Software