Getting Megadrum to work with superior drummer/pearl epro

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Getting Megadrum to work with superior drummer/pearl epro

Postby autumnsheart666 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Greetings! I recently got the 56 input MDM, I have Superior drummer/metal foundry, and a ten piece pearl e-pro, and want to ditch the pearl redbox modules to more easily work with one unit. Im trying to get my e-kit to work through the MDM to trigger Superior drummer, and for the life of me I just cannot figure out how to get it to work between the MDM manager, the vst and my drums. I have looked around and I just simply cannot figure it out. Go ahead and laugh at me! But really I just need some help. If anyone can shoot me a quick tutorial here I would be grateful!

What im trying to do is... Put my 20 pads/cymbals into the MDM, run SD 2.0 from laptop (macbook) and run it out of a PA.
Im assuming the MDM simply replaces my Pearl redbox modules as a module itself, and there are obviously a series of steps im missing
or just not understanding. Please help?
autumnsheart666

Re: Getting Megadrum to work with superior drummer/pearl epr

Postby airflamesred » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:52 pm

Welcome,
You have bought a Megadrum 56 (MD) which can be more easily controlled via MDM. They are 2 separate things which need to comunicate with each other.

Plug your drums into your MD, turn it on, turn on MDM and configure the midi ports. Then the fun starts!

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby autumnsheart666 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:11 pm

Thank you for the reply, that is what im doing currently, the issue I am running into is, when I plug a drum in, it triggers over and over and I cannot make it stop... Also I cannot seem to set a certain port to its own port, the program will simply trigger at random, so in order to get the kick drum, I have to go into port 54, this makes it signal over and over... I cannot set that to port 1, its like its stuck on the SD map, and will not let me change it. Im sure its something easy im missing here, any other advice?
autumnsheart666

Postby dmitri » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:32 pm

To be honest I don't quite understand what the problems are. In case of drum triggering without hitting - raise the Threshold on the input.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby autumnsheart666 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:28 pm

I emailed you
autumnsheart666

Postby airflamesred » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:04 pm

autumnsheart666 wrote:Thank you for the reply, that is what im doing currently, the issue I am running into is, when I plug a drum in, it triggers over and over and I cannot make it stop... Also I cannot seem to set a certain port to its own port, the program will simply trigger at random, so in order to get the kick drum, I have to go into port 54, this makes it signal over and over... I cannot set that to port 1, its like its stuck on the SD map, and will not let me change it. Im sure its something easy im missing here, any other advice?

As Dmitri sais raise the threshold and that will take care of the multi triggering. You'll need to read the links that Dmitri sent you on how to configure as well. There is only so much remote help we can offer.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Return to Related Software