tried to update firmware with MDM -> can't boot anymore

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

tried to update firmware with MDM -> can't boot anymore

Postby pegmi1 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:21 pm

Hey guys,

i tried to update my MD (56 inputs ARM based MD with positional sensing addon board) with MDM. First time a timeout massage appeared and i canceled the progress. Second time the progressbar stand still at 0% but the LED flashed a few times. So i waited 1 and a half our -> nothing was done and my PC turned to standby. Now the Board doesn't boot anymore. (only the LCD backlight is working) I think the eeprom chip (ST-Microelectronics 4256BWP) is partly (over)written by the new firmware. Is there any possibility to overwrite the chip again without desoldering?
I have a (defect) eeprom programmer whose thongs fits to the chip. It's possible to connect the chip to a breadboard, but is it possible to programm the chip if it is soldered to the board? If it is possible, what do i have to do?!
Would be great if someone could help me! (Really want back my MD!!!)

Thanks
pegmi1

Re: tried to update firmware with MDM -> can't boot anymore

Postby dmitri » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:16 pm

dmitri
Site Admin

Postby pegmi1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:48 am

Thanks for your promt reply!

Tried do update with protected bootloader, but there is no transfer possible. The LCD schows "FwSUpdaterSTM32d StartUpdateOnPC". State on PC since 10 min "Transferring.. / 0% done."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pegmi1

Postby dmitri » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Make sure no other software accesses MegaDrum MIDI ports at the same time.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby pegmi1 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Did a restart of my PC and checked the task manager if there are any processes (like addictivedrums etc.) wich could access MD. Also used another USB port and cable, but nothing changes. After pressing Enter the LED flashes one time and 0% are transfered.

edit: to be shure no program accesses MD i used a Windows Tablet and did the update again. It's working again! :-)

Tanks a lot Dmitri!!!
pegmi1

Return to Related Software