A few questions on using the MDM

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

A few questions on using the MDM

Postby porky » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:14 pm

1.) Would I need a midi interface to connect the Megadrum Module to the MDM?

2.) Regarding the midi issue, if Megadrum can send/recieve MIDI signals through Just the USB cable, then which "Midi in" and "Midi Out" Do i choose in Main > Options?

3.) I have Midi Init Error, which means my megadrums is not properly connected to my PC.... Theres also no MIDI Log like in the video shown under the megadrum managers tutorial on the megadrum.info site...

Im very new to this megadrum thing, and i just wanna learn to set it up to use it for my edrums...

Thanks for helping! ^^
porky

Re: A few questions on using the MDM

Postby dmitri » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:33 pm

porky wrote:1.) Would I need a midi interface to connect the Megadrum Module to the MDM?

You can of course do it over USB.

2.) Regarding the midi issue, if Megadrum can send/recieve MIDI signals through Just the USB cable, then which "Midi in" and "Midi Out" Do i choose in Main > Options?

You choose MIDI ports which have MegaDrum name in them.

3.) I have Midi Init Error, which means my megadrums is not properly connected to my PC.... Theres also no MIDI Log like in the video shown under the megadrum managers tutorial on the megadrum.info site...

If you not selected correct MegaDrum MIDI ports in Options then you will of course get MIDI Init Errors.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby porky » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:07 am

dmitri wrote:
porky wrote:1.) Would I need a midi interface to connect the Megadrum Module to the MDM?

You can of course do it over USB.

You choose MIDI ports which have MegaDrum name in them.

If you not selected correct MegaDrum MIDI ports in Options then you will of course get MIDI Init Errors.

How do i test if the signal is going through Megadrum?
porky

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:50 am

porky wrote:How do i test if the signal is going through Megadrum?

I'm not sure I understand what you want to test? What do you mean by 'the signal is going through Megadrum'?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby porky » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:07 pm

dmitri wrote:

I'm not sure I understand what you want to test? What do you mean by 'the signal is going through Megadrum'?

As in, iv'e got SD2.0 and MDM up and going with "SysEx OK", which im guessing that it means its up and running,and i'm not sure how to configure the module/manager such that i can test to see if my piezo trigger is working with the module, i bought 682 drums triggers,which should work.

If there is a template/layout of certain ports of which i need to plug my cable in for certain pads on the module, do let me know

Also, how do i get the MIDI log in the manager?

[Edit:] I also use a Mono/Unbalanced 1/4 inch cable, to connect the trigger directly to the Module, if its not supposed to work with Mono/Unbalanced 1/4 inch cables, do let me know as well, so i can change to stereo to try out

Thanks so much for responding! :)
porky

Postby airflamesred » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:40 pm

porky wrote:As in, iv'e got SD2.0 and MDM up and going with "SysEx OK", which im guessing that it means its up and running,and i'm not sure how to configure the module/manager such that i can test to see if my piezo trigger is working with the module, i bought 682 drums triggers,which should work.

You should get some sort if signal on the MD screen.

porky wrote:Also, how do i get the MIDI log in the manager?

From the dropdown,- view/midi log. You may have to restart MDM after this.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:54 pm

porky wrote:
dmitri wrote:

As in, iv'e got SD2.0 and MDM up and going with "SysEx OK", which im guessing that it means its up and running,and i'm not sure how to configure the module/manager such that i can test to see if my piezo trigger is working with the module, i bought 682 drums triggers,which should work.

If there is a template/layout of certain ports of which i need to plug my cable in for certain pads on the module, do let me know

You can use any jack for any pad as you can assign any note to any input. Default naming/mapping for jacks is shown in the first post of http://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewtop ... f=3&t=1392

Also, how do i get the MIDI log in the manager?

View->MIDI Log

[Edit:] I also use a Mono/Unbalanced 1/4 inch cable, to connect the trigger directly to the Module, if its not supposed to work with Mono/Unbalanced 1/4 inch cables, do let me know as well, so i can change to stereo to try out

You can use mono cables (it will of cause waste the unused rim/edge inputs). You may need to disable rim/edge input of a jack by setting its Note to 0 to prevent the unused rim/edge input from false triggering.
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to Related Software