Audio Phasing Issue

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Audio Phasing Issue

Postby matthewordie » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:34 am

airflamesred wrote:
matthewordie wrote:Where can I find the midi log? I will test this when I get home thanks!

MDM/file/view/mido log

You are correct, appears to be sending two notes. It does it a lot but usually it's done at the exact same time that the audio doesn't phase, but every so often there's a lag and that's where the phasing sound is coming from. How can I prevent this double triggering?

Also side question, bass drum isn't sensitive enough. It doesn't register my light hits. What controls the sensitivity?
matthewordie

Postby airflamesred » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:13 am

Retrigger, dyn time, dyn level are all related to that.
what is the high level on the bass drum?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby matthewordie » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:20 am

airflamesred wrote:Retrigger, dyn time, dyn level are all related to that.
what is the high level on the bass drum?

Kick drum is set to around 300 High level. As for the snare I tried retrigger of 1. Dyn time and level all the way up and all the way down and got no difference that I could tell.
matthewordie

Postby airflamesred » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:26 pm

Move retrigger up to say 30 and see if you are still getting double triggering. In fact post a screen shot of the raw midi, I think Dmitri can determin things from this.

Raise the high level on the bass drum.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby dmitri » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:50 pm

Or set DynTime and DynLevel to the maximum values (take a screenshot of MDM showing you've set these settings), reproduce the problem and take a screenshot of the MDM MIDI Log showing the double triggering is still happening.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Kabonfaiba » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:21 pm

Just to contribute;

I believe this might be to do with the VST host assigning both ports. I.e. Megadrum USB MIDI and MIDIOUT2, as it's MIDI input.

The way to solve this would be to configure your VST host so it only reads from MIDIOUT2.

You can also fix this behaviour by opening MDM beforehand, forcing your host to use the remaining unused port.
Kabonfaiba

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:33 pm

If it's due to a VST listening on both MegaDrum ports then it also can be solved by setting 'MIDI2 For Sysex Only' Global setting in MegaDrum.
dmitri
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Related Software