Megadrum commander still on appstore?

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Megadrum commander still on appstore?

Postby Johnofhwrong » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:52 am

Is megadrum commander still on appstore? If not is there somewhere it can be downloaded from? Tia
Johnofhwrong

Re: Megadrum commander still on appstore?

Postby dmitri » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:56 am

Apparently nobody was using it so I did not renew the developers license for this year and Apple took the app off the AppStore.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Johnofhwrong » Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:54 pm

Is it available to download anywhere else? Like on a repodump? Im really struggling to get it to connect with andriod
Johnofhwrong

Postby karlarsch » Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:43 pm

It´s not true that nobody is using it.

Regards
karlarsch

Postby dmitri » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:05 pm

karlarsch wrote:It´s not true that nobody is using it.

I have not updated it since 2013 and it doesn't support all the latest config options. So how do you use it with latest firmware versions?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby karlarsch » Sun Jul 31, 2016 9:18 pm

It´s very comfortable to change parameters with sliders, or velocity curves with your finger-tips. Only for saving i use the MD-Manager. They still seem to work fine together. Didn´t have any problems yet.
karlarsch

Postby bcslaam » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:23 am

I would like to use it. My DAW is away from the kit and its a pain to have to come out from the kit to do fine adjustments. The md unit is also awkward to reach. I have been using teamviewer with android tablet or ipad buf it unneccessarily increases network bandwidth and sometimes clashes with VEPro.

+1 for an ios or android app. Better still, has anyone done a TouchOsc template. Since its all midi it should be posskble. Then development of your own app maybe not needed
Megadrum STM32F205RCT6, Triggera Krigg + speed cobra pedal on Tama 14"pad, UFO dual trig a2e kit, 3ply mesh heads, Hall sensor control of goedrum 13" 3 zone cymbal for HH, Roland cy15r, YamahaPCY135, Superior Drummer2, Kontact, Win10 pro64bit.
bcslaam

Postby stefan1982 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:06 am

I still think that it would be better to redesign the whole megadrum-app into something like an HTML-page instead of the outdated JavaFX UI. It would be cross-browser, look good on all systems and saves you a ton of work, because there is no need for separate iOS/Windows/MacOS applications.

Besides that, I think a lot of people would like to help you and get this going and work with you to make things better and improve usability.
stefan1982

Postby Zman369 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:03 am

I would very much like to see a revamped version of the app for at least the old app back up and running or somewhere where we can download it and install it on a jailbreaked iPad. I have a first GEN iPad that would be great for on the fly and I have no other use for. Even having it on my phone would be cool for on the go too in diy midi controllers. Like the old days
Zman369

Return to Related Software