Pc Set Up for Megadrum

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Pc Set Up for Megadrum

Postby Thanasis » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:45 am

I have installed a new sound card ESI Julia Ext. For hihat I have these settings. What do I have to configure for open hihat ? I use Yamaha HH135 with DW 9500 hihat pedal.
https://imgur.com/a/9stkB
Thanasis

Postby dmitri » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:24 pm

Thanasis wrote:I have installed a new sound card ESI Julia Ext. For hihat I have these settings. What do I have to configure for open hihat ? I use Yamaha HH135 with DW 9500 hihat pedal.
https://imgur.com/a/9stkB

You mean, what you need to configure in MegaDrum? You need to at least configure Low and High levels and then Open level.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Thanasis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:13 pm

I mean how to set up the hihat pedal . Cannot understand the meaning of the hihat pedal settings like type,curve, chick curve, hihat input. What numbers I have to input inside these settings? I understand only the notes that have to be set up. I use a standard hihat pedal by DW.
Any help here?
Thanasis

Postby dmitri » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:24 pm

Have a look at viewtopic.php?p=33557#p33557
If you still don't something, please be more specific with what is not clear.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Thanasis » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:52 pm

so the lowest level of the pedal position is 20 and the open level depends on how open I want it. I entered the value 400 but again cannot hear any sound from the hihat when using the pedal. Can you please tell me which values to set up?
Thanasis

Postby dmitri » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Thanasis wrote:so the lowest level of the pedal position is 20 and the open level depends on how open I want it. I entered the value 400

Why 20 and 400? Is it because someone uses this values? Do you have exactly the same pedal to use these values?
but again cannot hear any sound from the hihat when using the pedal.

Which sounds do you expect to hear?
Can you please tell me which values to set up?

If I had exactly the same pedal and was using exactly the same drum synth I could tell you exactly which values to use. Unfortunately this is not the case so I can only help you to find those settings. For this you need to understand what pedal parameters do (which I can help you with) and how to configure your drum synth for the pedal (drum synth documentation?).
Do you understand what Pedal parameters do and what they are for? If not, which parameters you don't understand?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Thanasis » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:20 pm

I am using a standard hi-hat pedal the DW 9000 with Yamaha RHH-135 .I can get some sounds from the hihat pad but I need to know what values to add to megadrum in order to make it work. For example when the hihat is open and when semi and when closed. Does anyone else has the same hihat with a standard hihat pedal?
http://www.dwdrums.com/hardware/hw.asp?hw=dwcp9500
Thanasis

Postby Thanasis » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:58 pm

I changed to these settings on MEgadrum and I get sounds.How do I change sensitivity and velocity?
Thanasis

Postby jarosz » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:35 am

In the HiHat Pedal section there's a setting "HiHat Input" which in set to 2 in your config. That way hihat notes you've set up are bond to the pad connected to input 2 of MegaDrum with its sensitivity, velocity curve and so on.
jarosz

Postby Thanasis » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:38 pm

Ok for the rest cymbals?
Also does anyone who uses Addictive Drums 2 knows how to change midi mapping (if possible?)
Thanasis

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software