Pc Set Up for Megadrum

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: Pc Set Up for Megadrum

Postby Thanasis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:38 am

dmitri wrote:Just a note, label names in blue and red means that settings between MDM and MegaDrum are not in sync. You first have to to GetAll to pull all settings from MegaDrum to MDM and either enable Live Updates after that or after you've made changes in MDM you have to do SendAll to sync all changes to MegaDrum.

So Dimitri I have to hit first the button "GetAll" under main menu, write the settings in every box and then hit the "sendall" button in pads area and then save configuration?
What does "live updates" do?
Thanasis

Postby Thanasis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:22 am

airflamesred wrote:From my experience also, leave the velocity curve as is and alter in MD if needed.

You might consider setting up more than one output from Kontakt, then you can add various fx.

The mapping should be visible from the virtual keyboard, if not a physical one.

How is the latency?

When the virtual keyboard appears while I hit a key I can hear together with the drum sounds and piano sounds. How can I fix that?
Thanasis

Postby airflamesred » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:29 am

Thanasis wrote:When the virtual keyboard appears while I hit a key I can hear together with the drum sounds and piano sounds. How can I fix that?

The piano sound is coming from your keyboard, no?

EDIT
So where is the piano sound eminating from?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby Thanasis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:55 am

I don't have a midi keyboard so I just use the mouse and when hitting the virtual pad piano sounds come from kontakt or drummica. I haven't load any other library. Could those sounds be imitated by on board sound card?
Thanasis

Postby airflamesred » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:40 pm

Thanasis wrote:I don't have a midi keyboard so I just use the mouse and when hitting the virtual pad piano sounds come from kontakt or drummica. I haven't load any other library. Could those sounds be imitated by on board sound card?

It can only be that, yes.
I would recomend an external sound card, this will help with any latency in a big way. I use a focusrite 2i2 - cheap and chearfull

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby dmitri » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:30 pm

Thanasis wrote:
dmitri wrote:Just a note, label names in blue and red means that settings between MDM and MegaDrum are not in sync. You first have to to GetAll to pull all settings from MegaDrum to MDM and either enable Live Updates after that or after you've made changes in MDM you have to do SendAll to sync all changes to MegaDrum.

So Dimitri I have to hit first the button "GetAll" under main menu, write the settings in every box and then hit the "sendall" button in pads area and then save configuration?

Yes, if you don't use Live Updates.
What does "live updates" do?

With Live Updates enabled, MDM send config changes to MegaDrum whenever you make any changes in MDM.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Thanasis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:52 pm

airflamesred wrote:
Thanasis wrote:Could those sounds be imitated by on board sound card?

It can only be that, yes.
I would recomend an external sound card, this will help with any latency in a big way. I use a focusrite 2i2 - cheap and chearfull

If this is the reason and there is no way to fix it, I plan to use an ESI Julia eXT.
Thanasis

Postby Thanasis » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:11 pm

3 more questions regarding Kontakt

1)Instrument options in the main window where the library loads. Do I have to change any value ?

2)How to add more outputs and how to load more fx? I can't find a way

3)How can any setup be saved in Kontakt? Eveytime I open Kontakt I have to set everything from the start?
Thanasis

Postby airflamesred » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:17 pm

Instrument options - No need to do anything there

Adding Kontakt outputs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u6dWL-32jI
You can add fx here as well. I think this is usefull but I use Kontakt within Cubase so it may not be as advantageous to you. Either way it'll be worth knowing in the future.

As far as saving, Kontakt will remember it's own settings but you'll need to save the nki from Drumica. SAVE AS, though, don't overwright. I'm not sure what the terminology is, but you don't need to save the samples (in the options).

airflamesred

Postby Thanasis » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:33 am

So I have to use a DAW together with Kontakt player to do the job? Any free DAW to work with?
Thanasis

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software