MegaDrum Manager

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

Re: MegaDrum Manager

Postby Kabonfaiba » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Reporting some small bugs here with the config files.

1. MDM won't correctly save Note Off Delay (misc.note_off) to the .mds config file, if the value is lower than 100. Instead it loads as the last known default, and shows me that it's not synced.

2. MDM isn't recognising the New Algorithm setting as saved in the .mds config. (pedal.new_algorithm = true) loading my config, this setting appears to load as off.
Kabonfaiba

Postby dmitri » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:27 pm

Thanks for spotting and reporting these bugs. I just published a new, 20160918, version where both bugs should now be fixed.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby almighty1984 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:37 pm

It seems to work when it wants when I hit send to the module. Setting things like threshold doesn't work when I push send, then it works for some reason, sometimes when I hit Send All. Now it just says "SysEx Timeouts". I'm having a real hard time trying to get this to work. I understand you have to fiddle with it a lot, but when I can't even change the settings properly... Do I have to put the module in a special state before sending?
edit: tried using midi cables for I/O instead of USB, seems to work a bit better so far, occasionally gives an error I seem to be able to send it mostly
almighty1984

Postby airflamesred » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:22 pm

almighty1984 wrote:It seems to work when it wants when I hit send to the module. Setting things like threshold doesn't work when I push send, then it works for some reason, sometimes when I hit Send All. Now it just says "SysEx Timeouts". I'm having a real hard time trying to get this to work. I understand you have to fiddle with it a lot, but when I can't even change the settings properly... Do I have to put the module in a special state before sending?
edit: tried using midi cables for I/O instead of USB, seems to work a bit better so far, occasionally gives an error I seem to be able to send it mostly

I suggest you start your own thread and post a screen shot of your MDM settings.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby Kabonfaiba » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:51 pm

Might need your help on this one Dmitri.

I've recently been testing SSD4, and it seems there's no way of making a new CC16 note to split head / edge articulations for positional sensing on the snare.

SSD4 is expecting the module to output separate notes for these zones, and Megadrum doesn't have that ability, does it?
Kabonfaiba

Postby dmitri » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:53 pm

MegaDrum uses only CC16 for positional sensing, there is now way to assign different notes to different positions on the head. Just to clarify, these are not zones, these are positions. Zones are: head/rim for pads or bow/edge/bell for cymbals.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Kabonfaiba » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:51 pm

Would it be possible to code something to make sending a different note on CC data possible?

I certainly don't use Alt notes for anything, so we could maybe re-purpose that.

Something like...
CC# 0 - 80 send Note: 38
CC# 81 - 127 send ANote: 39

There is already the ability to send PNote, only if certain conditions are met.

Big opportunity for some amazing new functions if ANotes were only triggered with some sort of a rule; velocity based or positional based. 8-)
Kabonfaiba

Postby Kabonfaiba » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:28 pm

Firstly, congratulations on the continued development of Megadrum, I've just upgraded to the latest firmware and MDM but I'm having a problem sending any hi hat settings through MDM.

I've tried deleting the MDM configuration file, and I've done a reset on my grey ABS box by switching on with the right button held down until it reaches the last channel.

Loaded my saved config from PC fine for all other triggers, but none of the hi hat settings will send. Get works, but obviously it's loading defaults that are no good for my VH-11.

Next steps?
Kabonfaiba

Postby dmitri » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:14 pm

Try configuring HiHat settings from scratch - number of HiHat settings has changed in the latest firmware, might be a conflict between old and new settings.
If it doesn't help, post your .mds file here and describe in more details what you mean by 'none of the hi hat settings will send'.

Please see http://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewtop ... f=3&t=3174
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Kabonfaiba » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Configuring on the box works.

E.g. I have manually set the first 2 notes here and pressed "get" to update MDM.

MDMCapture.PNG

Changing the notes on MDM will not "send", pressing the button doesn't do anything. Switching on Live updates, the notes are also not changeable / locked. It's like code paths needs debugging.

It's not the box refusing the transmission, I recognise the behaviour coming from MDM as a coding issue.

This is on STM32F103... 72MHz edition (that box needs to be wider) ;)

btw if you wanted some good hihat level names for the future updates;

WideOpen
Open
SemiOpen
HalfOpen
SemiClosed
Closed
Tight

My Center and Rim are still reversed in the Midi Log window, just so you know. ;)

Thanks for your hard work Dmitri.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kabonfaiba

PreviousNext

Return to Related Software