MegaDrum Software

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

MegaDrum Software

Postby pctroll » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:48 pm

Hello everyone.

I'm a computer science student and I've been studying drums for around 3 years. I wanted to do something similar to an electronic drumkit for my thesis since I've not been able to buy an acoustic nor electronic drumkit myself. I was very happy when I found this project because I don't have to build a piece of crap (I barely know about electronics) or use a gamepad to emulate the goal of my project.

In spite of that, and given the circumstance that people is asking for a 32input MD controller; I want to ask you if you are willing to cooperate with me to give the community a software capable of handling the 32input MD and emulate different sounds. I'd like to know the specifications I have to manage in order to make a fully compatible software.

Let me put it this way: I want to build an open source software capable of handling the 32i MD version. This software would be able to configure the sounds for each pad, its volume, and be able to have some preset drumkits. However, I don't know too much about waves and certain details a lot of people don't care about. Here goes my second question: Is this the same functionality MD Controller offers? If so, then I'm talking about a different project, and maybe not with the same detailed parameters MD Controller has, but good enough to have fun playing drums on the PC without installing Pro Tools, QBase, Reason or another alike software.

Thank you for your time and I hope you take it into consideration.

PC Troll
pctroll

Re: MegaDrum Software

Postby Synthex » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:48 pm

pctroll wrote:I want to build an open source software capable of handling the 32i MD version.

Great !! Welcome !!

pctroll wrote:Is this the same functionality MD Controller offers?

Not really, MD Controller only configure the settings of trigger MIDI (MegaDrum Hardware) and is not concerned sounds.

But if you can make a software well integrated with DFH-type software, it would be wonderful ! :D
Synthex

Re: MegaDrum Software

Postby pctroll » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Hello again... I've been out for a while but I'm back. First of all, thanks for the reply Mr. Synthex.

Ok, let's do something very handy for both the community and myself. I'll download the docs and I'll read them very thoroughly in order to get all the information I might need for building the software. In case I need further information, I'll make very precise questions here in the forums. I think it's the best thing to do.

Best regards and I'll be in touch.

PC Troll
pctroll

Return to Related Software