I am having problems with my megadrum

Discussions of any related software

Moderator: Related software moderators

I am having problems with my megadrum

Postby blue105 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:55 pm

hello, I have a second hand megadrum that I dont know much about, was told that it had positional sensing, but I am not sure,

my issue is below

I have been trying to connect my converted snare drum and get a great sound out of it, but I dont know how to set it up correctly, I am getting the sound from my copy of EZDrummer 2 but it is not natural sounding, and has serious hotspotting issues, on top of that, I couldnt really even begin to understand what I was supposed to do with rimshots and rim clicks, I dont know how to adjust positional sensing,( my trigger is compatible with it) and the fact that there are no labels on the back of the slots make everything harder, spent %90 of my time trying to find out which of the settings I was supposed to adjust for the slot I plugged my cable in,

I am open to any kind of help, I have read the documentation but the terminology is new to me and to be honest it was not at all begginer-friendly,

What I need is a step by step guide on how I can get my feet on the ground with my
-snare drum with pos. sensing
-my toms and kick
-my yamaha crash cymbals and a 1 zone triggera china cmybal
-my roland cy15r ride cymbal
-my yamaha pcyhh135 hihats

All i need is to know where to plug in what, and how to adjust them accordingly, stuff like sensitivity and how I can get it to sound natural and trigger well,

Thanks a lot, my DIY project has hit me huge financially, and I cannot afford to go out and get a roland module anytime soon, so my only bet is to get my megadrum working, thanks again for your help.
blue105

Re: I am having problems with my megadrum

Postby dmitri » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:38 pm

1. If you don't know where to start I would suggest you to read through MegaDrum configuration documentation - https://www.megadrum.info/content/megad ... figuration
2. You can identify your module in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1393 and viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1392 . All jacks and controls descriptions are also there.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: I am having problems with my megadrum

Postby blue105 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi, thanks for your reply dmitri, I have alerady gone trough the manual page as I've stated in the post, but the other link you've sent is just what I was looking for, it helped me identify my module and now I know which jack is which, thanks!

I will move on from there and try to re-configure it, if I encounter any more problems on the way then I can create another post asking about it.

regards
blue105

Return to Related Software