sensitivity issues with Roland PD120 for snare

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: sensitivity issues with Roland PD120 for snare

Postby Trommeltotti » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:59 pm

Thanks for answer @dmitri,

because what ever I used settings at MD if I hit really soft my DED mesh pads I got values close to "127". Single strokes with same hit strength gives awful results! No way to handle or adjust with MD. I tried view days with many different settings. There nothing is to be done. There is no way to handle piezo/piezo Crosstalk issues. This can't be normal. Compare to my old ROLAND TD-8 module the trigger results from MD are definitive not to usably.

What can I do?

Trommeltotti
Trommeltotti

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:08 pm

If you want me to say it again, I'll repeat it - if your pad is too hot you must either cool it mechanically or use a voltage divider.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Trommeltotti » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:21 pm

OK Thanks,

again:

"So I need those "voltage divider" at all? I did not build any case until now. Is it possible to use those "voltage divider" inside on the input 32/24 PCB extension boards from @synthex?"

So can I adding this voltage divider directly in this 23/32 PCB extension from @synthex?

Look here: http://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10325#p10325

Because I prefer to use the original (not self soldering) Cable from ROLAND/YAMAHA. I have fixed them well at my Pearl Drumrack this is a big job (around 21 pads and HiHat input) I don't want to destroy my construction.

Thanks
Trommeltotti
Trommeltotti

Postby dmitri » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:34 pm

You can do it whatever way you prefer. Even in this thread there were a few suggestions how it might be done.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby fuzzysnuggleduck » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:43 pm

I've soldered my voltage dividers directly onto the female jack on the megadrum itself between the jack leads and the individual wires that connect them to the board. I use a Synthex kit (v2.7).
fuzzysnuggleduck

Postby Trommeltotti » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:39 am

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:I've soldered my voltage dividers directly onto the female jack on the megadrum itself between the jack leads and the individual wires that connect them to the board. I use a Synthex kit (v2.7).

Thanks @fuzzysnuggleduck, for this information. But I use this 24 and 32 extension PCB from @synthex 3.1 kit. There are no individual wires because I use there ribbon cables on both sides. (Main PCB to Jack-Extensions) Do you can make a picture? Can I soldering the resistors directly at the female jack stacks or/and on the lower page from the PCB extension?

Sorry for this maybe simple questions but I play every day drums and maybe do a simple soldering job one time on a century :roll: I do simply not have any presentiment of that. The Synthex 3.1 Kit soldering job did my father but he lives not in Berlin.

Is here anybody with ROLAND dual piezo/piezo mesh pads experiences together with MD? (My DED E-Drumset is very sensitive and on Snaredrum with original ROLAND cone. Also I use the 2ply drum-tec Designer meshes similar to the ROLAND meshes even cheaper but IMHO better.

Thanks very much

Trommeltotti
Trommeltotti

Postby dmitri » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:04 pm

I'm not sure I now understand what kind of information you expect. There are diagrams, there are pictures and descriptions already here of how to make the voltage dividers. To make it simple and seeing that you're not comfortable with soldering and schematics I'd say it is not possible for you to do it inside MegaDrum enclosure. You will have to make the voltage dividers external to both MegaDrum and pads, e.g. make your own cables or make something like I showed in the pictures.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby ignotus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:07 pm

In view of the amount of people having issues with hot pads, wouldn't a trimpot pcb (something like this https://www.megadrum.info/~megadrum/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143&hilit=a+few+pics, only pre-made) come in useful? Wish I'd had one!
Just a suggestion.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby dmitri » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:31 pm

ignotus wrote:In view of the amount of people having issues with hot pads, wouldn't a trimpot pcb (something like this https://www.megadrum.info/~megadrum/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=143&hilit=a+few+pics, only pre-made) come in useful? Wish I'd had one!
Just a suggestion.

Why not, it is DIY after all.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lajox » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:49 pm

Hi Totti,

Megadrum responds much better with the voltage dividers between the pads and the module. I've got mainly Roland pads and couldn't get them to work quite right without the dividers. Could only test a single pad though but it triggers very consistently now with SD2. I used 55 of these:

http://www.tme.eu/html/DE/acp-trimmpote ... pelny.html

You can also get a cheap knob for them there, and, which was my main criteria, I could fit all 55 into the front panel of my meagdrum module.

see you in drummerforum ;-)

Trommeltotti wrote:
fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:I've soldered my voltage dividers directly onto the female jack on the megadrum itself between the jack leads and the individual wires that connect them to the board. I use a Synthex kit (v2.7).

Thanks @fuzzysnuggleduck, for this information. But I use this 24 and 32 extension PCB from @synthex 3.1 kit. There are no individual wires because I use there ribbon cables on both sides. (Main PCB to Jack-Extensions) Do you can make a picture? Can I soldering the resistors directly at the female jack stacks or/and on the lower page from the PCB extension?

Sorry for this maybe simple questions but I play every day drums and maybe do a simple soldering job one time on a century :roll: I do simply not have any presentiment of that. The Synthex 3.1 Kit soldering job did my father but he lives not in Berlin.

Is here anybody with ROLAND dual piezo/piezo mesh pads experiences together with MD? (My DED E-Drumset is very sensitive and on Snaredrum with original ROLAND cone. Also I use the 2ply drum-tec Designer meshes similar to the ROLAND meshes even cheaper but IMHO better.

Thanks very much

Trommeltotti
lajox

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware