MegaDrum PCB

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

MegaDrum PCB

Postby el_fela » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:55 am

Well, i was looking for info about DIY drum stuff when i found Megadrum, just at the time i was finishing building an eDrum project. It looks very promising, as it offers more features than eDrum and its easier, and I want to try it out as soon as posible.

The Way i see it, the first thing to do is to develop a PCB design, so that its easier for the future community to build and generate more feedback.

I would really like to collaborate to the project but, unfortunately, I dont have much time right now. Anyway ill try to start a PCB design for it. I´ve never done it before but I think I can help.

I also offer my help on spanish translation.

Nice work.
el_fela

Re: MegaDrum PCB

Postby dmitri » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:06 am

Well, i was looking for info about DIY drum stuff when i found Megadrum, just at the time i was finishing building an eDrum project. It looks very promising, as it offers more features than eDrum and its easier, and I want to try it out as soon as posible.

The Way i see it, the first thing to do is to develop a PCB design, so that its easier for the future community to build and generate more feedback.

I would really like to collaborate to the project but, unfortunately, I dont have much time right now. Anyway ill try to start a PCB design for it. I´ve never done it before but I think I can help.

I've never done anything like MegaDrum before, yet here it is. I'm sure if you make a PCB design for MegaDrum, it'll be greatly appreciated. As they say - only those never fail who never try .

I also offer my help on spanish translation.

Thanks! I believe it'll be very useful to all Spanish speaking followers.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby el_fela » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:35 pm

OK. We should get in contact soon. Right now im very busy.
el_fela

Postby BlueDragon » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:51 pm

hi great work so far, I am a student atm so im broke and can't build me self one yet but soon very soon ;)

I may also be able to help with a layout do you have the schematics in their orginal format not .png :?:

I use

sprint layout 5
multisim
diptrace < very nice program and its free for non profit like this project "All programs and all libraries. 250 pins limit, non-profit use only"

all do auto routing/layouts even on multi layer boards

if you have a lazer printer like me you can buy the film paper to print circuit and use an etch bath to produce board, all avalible from maplins last time i checked :geek: a pain to drill though :shock:

also have/are you going to share the source code for the micro :?: all good mods are born this way :mrgreen:

not done any coding for atmel chips mainly just pic,Z80,Z88,x86,x88,motorola 6808/11/12
BlueDragon

Postby dmitri » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:14 pm

BlueDragon wrote:hi great work so far, I am a student atm so im broke and can't build me self one yet but soon very soon ;)

Thank you for your interest!

I may also be able to help with a layout do you have the schematics in their orginal format not .png :?:

I use

sprint layout 5
multisim
diptrace < very nice program and its free for non profit like this project "All programs and all libraries. 250 pins limit, non-profit use only"

all do auto routing/layouts even on multi layer boards

Unfortunately .png is all I have right now as it was done by a friend of mine. But I guess since the schematics are simple you can volunteer to design PCB in one of those programs ;)

if you have a lazer printer like me you can buy the film paper to print circuit and use an etch bath to produce board, all avalible from maplins last time i checked :geek: a pain to drill though :shock:

As I mentioned on the website I don't find it difficult to do everything on stripboards.

also have/are you going to share the source code for the micro :?: all good mods are born this way :mrgreen:

Again, as I already mentioned in the forum, I haven't made my mind about this yet.

not done any coding for atmel chips mainly just pic,Z80,Z88,x86,x88,motorola 6808/11/12

AVR Studio and WinAVR makes programming very easy and optimization lets you do it without any assembly language knowledge.

Regards
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware