>>> KIT AVAILABLE <<< All In One v3.1 PCB 56i Kit for sale !

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: >>> KIT AVAILABLE <<< All In One v3.1 PCB 56i Kit for sale !

Postby Trommeltotti » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:32 pm

So Thanks guys display was soldering wrong direction :!: i am sorry :!: Now all works :roll:

Thanks to all.

greats

Trommeltotti
Trommeltotti

Postby gui_999 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:10 pm

Hi everyone!

I finished soldering my kit and put this baby in its enclosure this weekend and guess what...? I plugged the USB cable for the fisrt time and.. TADA! A working megadrum!

Works great! Even "stock" without any configuration at all, with DIY A to E toms. Just a little bit of double triggering, but as I said I've configured absolutely nothing for now.. I guess I have to play with that famous threshold...

So now it's the "fun" part of configuring this baby.. I tried yesterday with the MCT, but when the main windows showed up for the first time, I kinda had a Homer Simpson reaction.. you know that kind of "AHHHHH!!" and runoff reaction.. So I instant closed the soft.. got scared.. lol!
gui_999

Postby Trommeltotti » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:39 pm

Hello guy's I'm back in Berlin :roll:

My MegaDrum is not finished and complete (some soldering thinks and enclosure have to managing) but it still should works!

Next day's I have hopefully time to get inside detailed to do research and discover it for good working.

Some first questions to it:

If I use the MCT it says there is a new firmware available. (20090927) To update this I need before the right settings at "Configure options dialogue" at MCT.

Inside the 3.1 PCB 56i Kit is the programmed Atmega 644-20PU IC right?

So MCU type should be set to "Atmega644" but which are the right settings for

Clock: 12Mhz; 16Mhz; 20Mhz and 24Mhz? and for

Bootloader: v1 Standard; v2 ClockSelector; v3 Clock + Secure and v4 Clock + Secure + Midi?

Next question:

The 32 Input Jack PCB Board has three jumper rows - one with label "Pedal Impedance" and two with "Pedal Polarity" Which are the right settings for the three jumpers to use the ROLAND VH-11 HiHat correct?

What can I do with the "Switch" Jack input? Does MegaDrum support different DrumMaps settings like Alesis Trigger I/O can do?

Thank you very much.

Regards
Trommeltotti

Edit: Maybe @Synthex you make some pictures as well for the complete extended Input Boards with all obstructed individual parts on it like you did with the Main PCB. ;)
Trommeltotti

Postby Synthex » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:56 pm

Trommeltotti wrote:Inside the 3.1 PCB 56i Kit is the programmed Atmega 644-20PU IC right?

Yes.
MCU type : Atmega644
Clock : 20Mhz
Bootloader : v4

Or you can use MIDI-OX to update the firmware : http://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=622

Trommeltotti wrote:The 32 Input Jack PCB Board has three jumper rows - one with label "Pedal Impedance" and two with "Pedal Polarity" Which are the right settings for the three jumpers to use the ROLAND VH-11 HiHat correct?

For VH-11, read this : http://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=255&hilit=vh11&start=10

Trommeltotti wrote:What can I do with the "Switch" Jack input?

The "Switch" Jack input is an extra input, not used with the Megadrum.

Trommeltotti wrote:Does MegaDrum support different DrumMaps settings like Alesis Trigger I/O can do?

Yes : http://www.megadrum.info/content/miscelenous-settings
Synthex

Postby Trommeltotti » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:17 pm

OK thanks @Synthex for answering and information.

I read this post for VH-11 settings:

It must be F.Contr. Don't forget that the AltIn setting is tied with the position of the right switch on the front. I'm guessing you should leave AltIn as 'No' and set the switch to 'Low impedance' position. Guessing again, but I think LvsRevers should be left as 'No' as well.

This means I have to set the jumper from the Input Jack Board for using the ROLAND VH-11 HiHat to "low impedance". But which setting for the jumper is "low impedance"? I think the Input Boards are quit new and I can not find any documentation or help for the jumper settings on the PCB Input Board!

Same for the two "PEDAL POLARITY" jumper settings on the board. There I can't find also any documentation for this. Can you explain this please?
Perhaps with some pictures and maybe some description for the different jumper settings on the board.

Right know this confused me a little bit. Thank you very much with best regards

Trommeltotti
Trommeltotti

Postby Synthex » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:08 pm

HH_Jumpers.jpg

Jumper A : High Input Impedance
Jumper B : Low Input Impedance
Jumper C : Tip = +5Volts ; Ring = Input
Jumper D : Ring = +5Volts ; Tip = Input
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synthex

Postby Fell » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:59 am

Hello! Where and how can I purchase full kit for developing drum module (all without chassis)? Ship to Russia? And how much is it costs?
Thank!
Fell

Postby dmitri » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:07 am

Fell wrote:Hello! Where and how can I purchase full kit for developing drum module (all without chassis)? Ship to Russia? And how much is it costs?
Thank!

Answers to all these questions are in the first post of this topic.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby OrkUn® » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:37 pm

Hello.
How will I program the pic18f14k50 :?: and atmega644 :?:
OrkUn®

Postby Synthex » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:23 am

OrkUn® wrote:Hello.
How will I program the pic18f14k50 :?: and atmega644 :?:

The pic18f14k50 and the atmega644 are already programmed in this kit.

To program and update the firmware :
http://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=622
Synthex

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware