>>> KIT AVAILABLE <<< All In One v3.1 PCB 56i Kit for sale !

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: >>> KIT AVAILABLE <<< All In One v3.1 PCB 56i Kit for sale !

Postby Synthex » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:19 pm

Red wrote:Must it be a stereo jack or can it be a mono jack?
What's the proper way to test if it's working with a jack plugged in?

A stereo jack or a mono jack works.

Without jack, C2 C3 and C4 C5 are connected together.
input.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synthex

Postby fredmcnair » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:38 pm

Wooohoo! it worked. First time! (after i remembered to put the jumper on the power)

A simple 4 hour solder project. Good job Synthex. Your packing and attention to details was immaculate.

The kit could not have been put together better.

Only things im curious about are things i dont see in FAQ's etc.

- Not sure why the high hat always reports hits (i.e the first bar on the screen is always on full).
- I cant for the life of me get the config tool detecting my megadrum over usb midi on a mac running Snow Leopard.

Anyways, thanks for the good work.

Gavin
fredmcnair

Postby fredmcnair » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:55 pm

Trust me to find the correct post right after complaining...

My mac problems were fixed by the info on viewtopic.php?f=4&t=400&p=9193&hilit=osx#p9193

In summary
---
TEST 1:
Download mmj: http://www.humatic.de/htools/mmj.htm
You have to copy mmj.jar and libmmj.jnilib to /Library/Java/Extensions/
---

Now the megadrum appears in options.

Sorry bout that.
fredmcnair

Postby fredmcnair » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:13 am

No sooner do i get MCT working and it asked if i wanted up update my firmware. I know im on an older version so i say yes and follow the instructions. It gets as far as 'ERASED' and hangs. Great!

Tried again. The bootloader still works so i can get to the load part but the firmware update fails with 'Error trying to send file'. Wont work in OSX.

So i tired Windows thinking it would fix things. Nope. The handshake for the 'Proceed' button works again but when i try to update i just get the error 'Error trying to send the file'.

MCT has wiped my new drum. Argh!

I tried both sysex librarian on the mac and Midi-OX on the PC again with the correct 20_56 firmware with no luck. Its late and i must sleep and i hate to sleep with a broken device. What a pain :)
fredmcnair

Postby fredmcnair » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:24 am

Ignore me again! you must be getting sick of this. Dimitri's MIDI-OX faq (thanks again) fixed my issue i had to manually erase before reloading. Im back and running!

All the answers seem to be here if i search hard enough... Its a shame MCT doesnt work better at updating firmware though. It looks _really_ nice.
fredmcnair

Postby Firelord » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:27 am

fredmcnair wrote:- Not sure why the high hat always reports hits (i.e the first bar on the screen is always on full).

That's normal. It doesn't report hits — it reports the state of the pedal (the solid box appears when it's fully opened).
Firelord

Postby fredmcnair » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:47 am

Thanks Firelord.

Has anyone got a copy of the original config thats loaded on Synthex's initial firmware load. After updating i've lost all my note assignments and stuff (i should have saved the settings to disk)
fredmcnair

Postby Ken Forgettable » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:44 am

fredmcnair wrote:Has anyone got a copy of the original config
RTFM - point 2 here
Ken Forgettable

Postby Effraktor » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:59 pm

I'm probably going to buy one the kits soon but i was just wondering. Dmitri has said it's possible to power the megadrum by passing power through the midi. But since i'm going to be using a long cable he said to use a higher voltage and use a regulator.

So my questions are, how do i wire the midi connections if i'm going to send the power through the midi cable, and does the regulator in this kit already do the job i need it to or do i need to wire a second one?
Effraktor

Postby Synthex » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:54 am

Effraktor wrote:I'm probably going to buy one the kits soon but i was just wondering. Dmitri has said it's possible to power the megadrum by passing power through the midi. But since i'm going to be using a long cable he said to use a higher voltage and use a regulator.

So my questions are, how do i wire the midi connections if i'm going to send the power through the midi cable, and does the regulator in this kit already do the job i need it to or do i need to wire a second one?

Yes, it's possible to power the megadrum by passing power through the midi cable.

Midi_cnx.gif

Pin 1 and pin 3 are "generally" not used in standard MIDI protocol, but be careful.

You can use pin 1 for positive and pin 3 for negative power line.
You can use the regulator in this kit.
The power supply module must be between 7 and 12 volts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synthex

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware