who has Jerry's/JmanWord's cymbal VRS kits?

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: who has Jerry's/JmanWord's cymbal VRS kits?

Postby gastric » Wed May 06, 2009 12:54 am

As I've said it's my understanding his 2-zone cymbals just use a modified KR circuit attached to a small piezo for the edge triggering. The bow is straight piezo. Should work the same as any other piezo/switch trigger. I don't currenlty own one but I'd think you'd set Dual Head = Yes, and the Rim = Switch, and it should work.

It would be helpful if someone took a close-up macro photo of the electronics in the project box so we can confirm that's what it's really doing.
gastric

Postby jman 31 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:59 am

fulrmr, check your PM.
jman 31

Postby machine+1 » Tue May 12, 2009 11:04 am

Hey ole_hansen,

Sorry for your troubles. Just wondering, which cymbal do you have from Jerry? Is it 2 or 3 zone? From what I've read here and on vdrum, his 3 zone design may have inherent problems with Megadrum (as of now), but it sounds like you're having problems with the 2 zone... just clarifying.
machine+1

Postby ole_hansen » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:02 am

machine+1 wrote:Hey ole_hansen,

Sorry for your troubles. Just wondering, which cymbal do you have from Jerry? Is it 2 or 3 zone? From what I've read here and on vdrum, his 3 zone design may have inherent problems with Megadrum (as of now), but it sounds like you're having problems with the 2 zone... just clarifying.

i got the 3 zone from Jerry.

still haven't gotten it to work.
and Jerry hasn't been too keen on a refund (haven't replied since i last mailed him - 4-5 months ago)

oh well.
ole_hansen

Previous

Return to MegaDrum Hardware