History of MegaDrum firmware versions

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Latest MegaDrum firmware versions

Postby dmitri » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:01 pm

kurtus420 wrote:Dmitri, did you notice if you try to change the edge gain on the yamaha cymbals to anything other than 4 it will not send aftertouch messages? I used to have my edge gain at 2 this is not possible anymore.

Of course. After changing the gain on the switch inputs you will have to change the threshold.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby kurtus420 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:03 am

:oops: Thanks Dmitri.
dmitri wrote:
kurtus420 wrote:Dmitri, did you notice if you try to change the edge gain on the yamaha cymbals to anything other than 4 it will not send aftertouch messages? I used to have my edge gain at 2 this is not possible anymore.

Of course. After changing the gain on the switch inputs you will have to change the threshold.
56 input Megadrum644, Tama Iron Cobra, Taye, Sonor, Roland, Yamaha, Gibraltar, Tascam.
kurtus420

Postby elrules » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:30 pm

Hi Dmitri, I have seen you introduced a new parameter in the Misc config. I will update MCT as soon as I can.

I have thought about an improvement for the "check for updates" feature. Could you put in the latest_version.txt file all the info about new versions?
It must be something like:

Code: Select all
1. Fixed the issue with a switch type HH pedal where it was not possible to get proper results without using a pull up resistor.
1. Further optimized some firmware internals. No kidding!
1. Further optimized some firmware internals.
1. Added an "InputsPriority" option. When set to Yes the first 3/4th of Head/Bow inputs are given slightly higher priority (sampled more often) then the rest of inputs.
2. Considerably optimized some firmware internals which should have positive effect on overall performance.
[etc]
With the version numbers in separate lines so I can detect if a the next line is info text or the beginning of another version
I will have 2 different ways to parse it.
1 - When I check for new versions available, I will parse the file from the beginning till I find the version number that the user currently has, and I will show the user a screen where he can read the new changes made since the last time he updated his MD.
2 - I will add an option "Firmware version history" where I will parse the whole file to show the user all the changes made in MD. I may show the user this info like the version history screen of Winamp, although as there are not so many changes to show from one version to another I think it could be more user-friendly to show him the whole list

Tell me if you do this so I can make real tests
elrules

Postby dmitri » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:40 pm

I will do it.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby elrules » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:22 pm

Is it possible to add the option to change hihat pedal MIDI channel? (I suppose now it is hard-coded to channel 10). We can currently change this parameter on any pad input, but not on the hihat pedal, which for me is a bit weird
elrules

Postby dmitri » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:55 pm

elrules wrote:Is it possible to add the option to change hihat pedal MIDI channel? (I suppose now it is hard-coded to channel 10). We can currently change this parameter on any pad input, but not on the hihat pedal, which for me is a bit weird

I'm away from my main laptop but I'm pretty sure the HH pedal MIDI channel is tied with the channel number of the HH input.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby elrules » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:53 pm

dmitri wrote:
elrules wrote:Is it possible to add the option to change hihat pedal MIDI channel? (I suppose now it is hard-coded to channel 10). We can currently change this parameter on any pad input, but not on the hihat pedal, which for me is a bit weird

I'm away from my main laptop but I'm pretty sure the HH pedal MIDI channel is tied with the channel number of the HH input.
Sounds pretty logical
elrules

Postby dmitri » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:23 am

elrules wrote:Hi Dmitri, I have seen you introduced a new parameter in the Misc config. I will update MCT as soon as I can.

I have thought about an improvement for the "check for updates" feature. Could you put in the latest_version.txt file all the info about new versions?
It must be something like:

Code: Select all
1. Fixed the issue with a switch type HH pedal where it was not possible to get proper results without using a pull up resistor.
1. Further optimized some firmware internals. No kidding!
1. Further optimized some firmware internals.
1. Added an "InputsPriority" option. When set to Yes the first 3/4th of Head/Bow inputs are given slightly higher priority (sampled more often) then the rest of inputs.
2. Considerably optimized some firmware internals which should have positive effect on overall performance.
[etc]
With the version numbers in separate lines so I can detect if a the next line is info text or the beginning of another version
I will have 2 different ways to parse it.
1 - When I check for new versions available, I will parse the file from the beginning till I find the version number that the user currently has, and I will show the user a screen where he can read the new changes made since the last time he updated his MD.
2 - I will add an option "Firmware version history" where I will parse the whole file to show the user all the changes made in MD. I may show the user this info like the version history screen of Winamp, although as there are not so many changes to show from one version to another I think it could be more user-friendly to show him the whole list

Tell me if you do this so I can make real tests

I did this with the latest version.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:02 pm

Got carried away a bit with latest optimizations and as a result the latest versions have too long key delays when navigating the menu. Will upload a new version which fixes this issue right after the midnight.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Ken Forgettable » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:00 pm

dmitri wrote:Got carried away a bit with latest optimizations [snip]

There is about 45K left in flash - can you think of a use for this space (via the bootloader)?
Ken Forgettable

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware