History of MegaDrum firmware versions

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Latest MegaDrum firmware versions

Postby dmitri » Fri May 29, 2009 11:46 am

Ken Forgettable wrote:Dmitri hi,

+ Because the ATmega32 seems to becoming more expensive than the ATmega324p, can you build a 16MHz version of the next firmware for the ATmega324p please?

It's better to use a 20MHz crystal in this case.

+ If you were to use different mCUs on the same board (same speed xtal and number of inputs) do you just need to consider the memory sizes and some port #defines for different builds?

This is how it is done.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Ken Forgettable » Sun May 31, 2009 7:35 pm

You do a 644 at 16MHz :? it's cheaper to fry 324s though.
dmitri wrote:It's better to use a 20MHz crystal in this case.

A faster crystal speed is bound to reduce latency 'cos things get done more quickly - does this imply an increase in resolution (accuracy) too - with faster conversions?
Ken Forgettable

Postby elrules » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:59 pm

For what is the new Levels Reverse option? has it something to do with the type of hihat hardware you use? is it dependant of any other parameter as Pedal Type?

I ask this because I won't like to add another box in the GUI and rearrange it again. If this new option is related to other, then nice, if not, well, I will rearrange the GUI 8-)
elrules

Postby dmitri » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:44 pm

It is to reverse voltage levels read from the HiHat controller. See http://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewtop ... 8&start=30
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby alchemicus » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:40 pm

Dmitri Firmware update was succesfully with midiox. and new feautures on HIhat pedal are great. Now i must find the better samples in superior 2 to have the better real feelings with my hats
alchemicus

Postby elrules » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:15 am

Ey dmitri, after testing the choke with MCT, i realized that aftertouch messages are also sent for inputs whose note number is 0 (=disabled). For example, for a piezo/switch 2-zone cymbal, i receive 3 aftertouch messages. The last one is for the 3rd zone but as it is disabled it should not send it.

Don't know what is quicker for the performance of MD, if building and sending the extra aftertouch messages or checking if it needs to send them because its related note is not zero. As you find it better.
elrules

Postby dmitri » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:34 pm

elrules wrote:Ey dmitri, after testing the choke with MCT, i realized that aftertouch messages are also sent for inputs whose note number is 0 (=disabled). For example, for a piezo/switch 2-zone cymbal, i receive 3 aftertouch messages. The last one is for the 3rd zone but as it is disabled it should not send it.

Don't know what is quicker for the performance of MD, if building and sending the extra aftertouch messages or checking if it needs to send them because its related note is not zero. As you find it better.

I've now corrected it in the latest firmware.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby gabriel1712 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:29 pm

HihatPedal
'Chick' and 'Splsh' has traded place in the MD menu.
'Chick' used to before 'Splsh'. I only think it's a label issue, since assigning chick-sample to the first menu item (Splsh) and assigning splash-samples to the next menu item (Chick) works as it should. I hope I make sense lol.
"the woods are lovely, dark and deep
but I have promises to keep
and miles to go before I sleep..."
gabriel1712

Postby dmitri » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:18 pm

gabriel1712 wrote:HihatPedal
'Chick' and 'Splsh' has traded place in the MD menu.
'Chick' used to before 'Splsh'. I only think it's a label issue, since assigning chick-sample to the first menu item (Splsh) and assigning splash-samples to the next menu item (Chick) works as it should. I hope I make sense lol.

You're right. I'll correct it in the next version.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby elrules » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:43 pm

dmitri, please, upload last firmwares to the auto-download site for MCT. I know firmware updating through MCT only works for old bootloaders, but at least for those users it would be nice to have the "check for updates" feature working ;)
elrules

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware