History of MegaDrum firmware versions

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Latest MegaDrum32 firmware versions

Postby dmitri » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:48 pm

elrules wrote:
dmitri wrote:1. On any two sequential dual inputs.
So in the screen you can select and option for an input in which it takes the following input as an "slave" for the 3way thing, am i right?

Say, you set "Aux1H" as 3way. You then have to set "Aux1R" and "Aux2R" as a switches. "Aux1R" will be Bell and "Aux2R" will be Edge with a choke capability. In this case "Aux2H" will be ignored by MegaDrum. The next input you will be able to set as 3way will be "Aux3H". And so on.

dmitri wrote:To me it seems you described the same thing twice.
What I meant was:
Imagine you have set up the crosstalk parameter low for all inputs.
Then, you set crosstalk high on input X. What does this mean?
Option 1: if you hit at the same time input Z (hard hit) and input X (soft hit), probably input X does not trigger
Option 2: if you hit input X hard, the rest of inputs would probably won't trigger
I suppose (correct me please) that crosstalk works as the option 1 says

Option 1 explains crosstalk as if it were like some kind of "threshold when others inputs are hit"

Still not clear what you mean. With Crosstalk set higher for a particular input means that, with a signal on another input higher than on this input, a signal will have to be proportionally higher than on other input with lower Crosstalk setting to overcome crosstalk suppression.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby elrules » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:36 pm

dmitri wrote:Changes in 20080717 version:

1. Added a 'Quick Drum Map load' feature. While in VU meter mode and holding a HH pedal pressed down, use keys UP/DOWN to load next/previous drum map.
Yuhuu!! playing megadrum live will be now more creative! can't wait to reprogram my atmega and to build a pair of footswitches

By the way, how many of the cool features megadrum has can be used in admirs module? jejeje
elrules

Postby slayer666 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:55 am

dmitri wrote:Changes in 20080813 version:

1. Added two more hit curves: Log3 and and Log4. Now Log2 is a curve which corresponds to Log1, and Log4 is a curve which corresponds to Log2 in previous firmwares. Log1 is intermediate between Linear and Log2, Log3 is intermediate between Log2 and Log4.
2. Firmware is now both in .hex and .syx formats.

Very nice!!! :D
slayer666

Postby elrules » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:41 pm

If I upload the new firmware via sysex, will I loose all my previous configs or are they still in the mermory of the atmega for the next boot?
Are configs compatible with new ones? If I had all the curves set to Log1, if I load the config in the new firmware, will they remain being Log1 or will they change for another value?
elrules

Postby dmitri » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:41 pm

elrules wrote:If I upload the new firmware via sysex, will I loose all my previous configs or are they still in the mermory of the atmega for the next boot?

The configs will be preserved. And it's ok to keep old configs with this firmware update.

Are configs compatible with new ones? If I had all the curves set to Log1, if I load the config in the new firmware, will they remain being Log1 or will they change for another value?

They're almost compatible. Linear, Log1, Log2 curves will remain the same (but as pointed out in the change log Log1 and Log2 will have slightly different effect). Exp1 will turn into Log3, Exp2 - into Log4 and so on.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby elrules » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:38 am

dmitri wrote:The configs will be preserved. And it's ok to keep old configs with this firmware update.
good news
They're almost compatible. Linear, Log1, Log2 curves will remain the same (but as pointed out in the change log Log1 and Log2 will have slightly different effect). Exp1 will turn into Log3, Exp2 - into Log4 and so on.
Just as I thought
elrules

Postby elrules » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:34 pm

When are you going to present us with a trizone-in-one-input option?? I want to add a bunch of trizone cymbals to mi kit :D
elrules

Postby elrules » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:06 pm

Changes in 20081020 version:

1. Added support for 3 zone Yamaha style cymbals. See the forum for details on configuring such cymbals.
2. Made a change to a 'note off' setting in Sysex. See menu_layout.pdf for details.
Yuhuuuuuuuuu! at last!! an it works great!

Damn you dmitri!, now I feel the need of adding a bell to all my dualzone crashes hehehehe. Of course, my roland-style DIY ride is going to be reconverted with a resistor to a yamaha-style one.
elrules

Postby japi » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:31 pm

dmitri wrote:2. Fixed a bug with BigVu meter and QuickAccess settings when AutoloadConf is set yo Yes but BigVu meter and QuickAccess have never been changed before. See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58

I think the link is bad
japi

Postby dmitri » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:59 pm

japi wrote:
dmitri wrote:2. Fixed a bug with BigVu meter and QuickAccess settings when AutoloadConf is set yo Yes but BigVu meter and QuickAccess have never been changed before. See viewtopic.php?f=3&t=58

I think the link is bad

Yes, it was. Corrected now.
dmitri
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware