Megadrum56 List of Port #s to Default Instrument/Pads

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Megadrum56 List of Port #s to Default Instrument/Pads

Postby Celoranta » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:00 am

Hi All (and Dmitri, if you're lurking),

I've finally gotten around to designing a new chassis/enclosure for my Megadrum56. I tried bending metal, but ended up purchasing a 3D printer, and now I'm getting somewhere!

My question is: is there a list of the default instrument/pad names for each port/jack number? I'd like to map the default instruments in a specific pattern on my snazzy new patchbay chassis and I'd rather not do it through trial and error.

(As you can probably see from the photos, I'm sending all the trigger inputs through a DSUB62 cable, so I'll need to attach a piezo to each lead in the patchbay and hit it to figure out which port it connects to. Then I just need to know which port is which drum so I can place it where I want on the patchbay/breakout.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Celoranta

Re: Megadrum56 List of Port #s to Default Instrument/Pads

Postby dmitri » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:47 pm

Any input in MegaDrum can be assigned any Note and Name so it doesn't really matter.
You can see default jacks placement for 56 inputs modules I make in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1393
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Celoranta » Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:55 pm

Thanks Dmitri! That's exactly what I was looking for.

And yes, I know they can all be assigned. I just wanted to be keep things defaulting to your original standard to save me some work.

dmitri wrote:Any input in MegaDrum can be assigned any Note and Name so it doesn't really matter.
You can see default jacks placement for 56 inputs modules I make in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1393
Celoranta

Postby Celoranta » Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:02 pm

Oops!

I actually am still missing a bit of info.
Are the PORTs at the link you sent numbered the same as the default CHANNELS programmed into Megadrum?
For example, Kick is at input #2 at your link. Is this assigned out-of-the-box to software input channel #2?
If not, do you have that list of assignments?
(When, during soldering, I hook up a piezo to a random input wire and hit the piezo, the 2.4" screen will show a VU meter, so I should be able to figure out what channel my wire is assigned to easily enough... but I can't know with certainty what PAD/INSTRUMENT that channel is defaulted to without hooking it up to a computer or midi module and hoping that my chosen patch matches your intended mappings.

And again, yes I know I can assign all of this as I like. However, I'm new to drumming and have trouble figuring out which sounds are which by ear. It would save me trouble to know the intention of your defaults from a CHANNEL perspective.

Celoranta wrote:Thanks Dmitri! That's exactly what I was looking for.

And yes, I know they can all be assigned. I just wanted to be keep things defaulting to your original standard to save me some work.

dmitri wrote:Any input in MegaDrum can be assigned any Note and Name so it doesn't really matter.
Celoranta

Postby dmitri » Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:21 pm

Yes, the link for the 56 inputs module shows jacks placement for default MegaDrum settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware