3-Way Yamaha cymbals

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

3-Way Yamaha cymbals

Postby Daxen » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:28 pm

Hi

I bought a used Megadrum a couple of months ago and got it setup somewhat decent with everything working. Recently switched from Superior Drummer 2 to 3 and decided to update the Megadrum and get everything dialed in.
So far I've managed to get everything working with Superior Drummer 3. Snare works well with both rimshots and positional sensoring. My five toms work, but I have disabled rims since I never use that. I have a combined nine cymbals including ride and hihat that all work decent. Three of these cymbals are Yamaha PCY135 and one is PCY155 and I simply cannot make them work as three zone and I would appreciate a little help.
I can set them up so they work fine as one zone when I've selected "Dual or 3way Yamaha" in MegaDrum Manager FX, but when I change the rim/edge setting from "Piezo" to "Switch" no matter which setting or how I hit it the Megadrum just return the note 0 in what velocity I hit it. I had the cymbals working pretty good with the old firmware, so any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Daxen

Re: 3-Way Yamaha cymbals

Postby dmitri » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:49 pm

Post your settings screenshot for one cymbal.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: 3-Way Yamaha cymbals

Postby Daxen » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:58 pm

I finally made it work. The treshold settings were just really finicky. Thanks for willingness to help regardless =)
Daxen

Return to MegaDrum Hardware