New owner . Hopefully happy one.

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

New owner . Hopefully happy one.

Postby Metalal5150 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 5:10 pm

Hi everyone! I
New user and fresh owner of the trigger unit.
I have purchased one today and I would like to know how to tell if I have the old version or the fairly newer one running on 120mhz.
Can anyone please tell me on how to find out ?
Also how do I do a factory reset of the unit so I can start fresh with factory defaults instead of someone's settings.
Also what is the cost of a new unit guys so I can see if I have paid the reasonable price or overpaid.
Also can the LCD from the older units be upgraded to the new one ?
Has anyone attempted such upgrade ?
Thanks in advance boys and girls and looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Regards
Al
Metalal5150

Re: New owner . Hopefully happy one.

Postby ignotus » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:27 pm

Welcome. I assume you've picked one up 2nd hand.

Metalal5150 wrote:I have purchased one today and I would like to know how to tell if I have the old version or the fairly newer one running on 120mhz.

A pic would help, ideally one of the innards to see which board it has.

Metalal5150 wrote:Also how do I do a factory reset of the unit so I can start fresh with factory defaults instead of someone's settings.

Boot it up with the right button pressed.

Metalal5150 wrote:Also what is the cost of a new unit guys so I can see if I have paid the reasonable price or overpaid.

You can get an idea here.

Metalal5150 wrote:Also can the LCD from the older units be upgraded to the new one ?

That depends on the board version inside.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby Metalal5150 » Wed Jul 05, 2023 6:20 pm

Hi Ignotus and thank you very much for the info!

i dont have right switch i only have two switches in between the pots so it's kinda top and bottom . i took some shots so you can have a look.
And yes i did buy this second hand on ebay .
I did try the combination pressing all switches and power on but no info in regards to reset or anything so i am probably doing something wrong.

tomorrowi will be removing the TD8 and installing the MD so i hope all goes well.
once again thank you very much for the info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Metalal5150

Postby ignotus » Thu Jul 06, 2023 8:14 am

ignotus wrote:i dont have right switch i only have two switches in between the pots so it's kinda top and bottom

Those 'pots' are actually rotary encoders with an integrated momentary switch - you'll find that they can be pressed to act as a button too.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby Metalal5150 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:43 pm

Hi again.Yup i know they are i thought there wolud be a different one on the different model.
So far so good.
This little display is super mighty and it works fantastic. I dont know how the newer two line ones are able to bisplay so much information at the same time. doesn't seem possible .
So far i have tested each and every trigger input and it works brilliantly. only input 1 seems dead but perhaps its a disoldered connection inside or something .i will open it up later and see what's
going on.
rest are fine and perform well with many different dynamic responses so i guess this will allow for a nice and dynamic feel to the kit being played .
software seems to work fine and does recodnise the unit when plugged in .
i got some red error about MIDI not plugged in but it makes semse as i was testing it without MIDI being plugged in so i hope this will go away when i actually connect the audio interface and midi cables to it.Shame there is no visual markings on each input like even a simple number and some sort of online maual for it so it shows what inputs are best suited for what pads. as far as i know there are some inputs that support double piezo and even triple piezo pads and cymbals but without any markings or manual it will be rather hard to figure. will plug in my double piezo drum head later and test each input and see what happens. still unsure about how to update the firmware but as long as its working fine i am not too bothered about it .obviously the newer firmware the more bugs fixed and the general performance is improved but for now its all good.
Metalal5150

Postby Metalal5150 » Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:27 pm

Firmware updated to the newest one!

Success!

Took me a while and few attempts but finally got the results!

Thank you all guys for all the posts from the past !

So much help and important information there !

Thanks again!
Metalal5150

Postby airflamesred » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:50 pm

What pads/cymbals do you have.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby Metalal5150 » Fri Jul 07, 2023 7:55 am

Hi.
I am not a rich guy so I am building a Frankenstein kit ! :)
I have mix of 3 incomplete kits all bolted together.
Roland ,Yamaha and Alesis.
I will be expanding but for now I need to buy some piezo sensors and turn some of my
existing pads and cymbals to two zone first.
And properly configure the kit I have at the moment plus I need to learn
How to play the bloody thing !!!!! Lol
:mrgreen:

Regards
Al
Metalal5150

Return to MegaDrum Hardware