how can I know if my mac is truly communicating with the MD?

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: how can I know if my mac is truly communicating with the MD?

Postby Synthex » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:56 am

If you want, you can send me (by airmail) your PCB for a complete diagnosis.
This will avoid a waste of time for Dmitri and me.
Synthex

Postby jeffbeckib » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Synthex wrote:
jeffbeckib wrote: How come the synthex people aren't trying to help me?

Sorry, but I've already sent more than 40 private messages to solve your problems ...

40? Not to me, I've only been working with dmitri. I've only received 2 PM's from synthex
jeffbeckib

Postby Synthex » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:11 pm

jeffbeckib wrote:
Synthex wrote:

Sorry, but I've already sent more than 40 private messages to solve your problems ...

40? Not to me, I've only been working with dmitri. I've only received 2 PM's from synthex

What ?? :shock:
I've sent you 31 PM. You've sent me 34 PM. :roll:
Synthex

Postby jeffbeckib » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:21 pm

Im sorry, you are correct. I keep thinking that synthex and dmitri are the same people..... I forgot about all the PM's. I've only been monitoring the forum lately... Well unfortunately I'm on a macbook pro, so I can't try to reload the firmware into the atmega until I get back to NY, I'm on vacation right now. I have a windows pc at home so I'll try the parallel cable connection when I get home.. Until then I can't do anything else. My gut feeling is that the components are fine, but the PCB may have been damaged while resoldering certain components. I noticed when I replaced the crystal that the copper ring from the PCB actually came off and was still on the pin of the crystal.

quote="Synthex"]
jeffbeckib wrote:
Synthex wrote:

What ?? :shock:
I've sent you 31 PM. You've sent me 34 PM. :roll:[/quote]
jeffbeckib

Postby dmitri » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:51 pm

jeffbeckib wrote:Im sorry, you are correct. I keep thinking that synthex and dmitri are the same people.....

Your problem is that you keep mixing up too many things, not just taking me for Synthex.

I forgot about all the PM's. I've only been monitoring the forum lately... Well unfortunately I'm on a macbook pro, so I can't try to reload the firmware into the atmega until I get back to NY, I'm on vacation right now. I have a windows pc at home so I'll try the parallel cable connection when I get home.. Until then I can't do anything else. My gut feeling is that the components are fine, but the PCB may have been damaged while resoldering certain components. I noticed when I replaced the crystal that the copper ring from the PCB actually came off and was still on the pin of the crystal.

Do you think it happened due to lack of MegaDrum documentation?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby jeffbeckib » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:03 pm

dmitri wrote:
jeffbeckib wrote:Im sorry, you are correct. I keep thinking that synthex and dmitri are the same people.....

Your problem is that you keep mixing up too many things, not just taking me for Synthex.

I forgot about all the PM's. I've only been monitoring the forum lately... Well unfortunately I'm on a macbook pro, so I can't try to reload the firmware into the atmega until I get back to NY, I'm on vacation right now. I have a windows pc at home so I'll try the parallel cable connection when I get home.. Until then I can't do anything else. My gut feeling is that the components are fine, but the PCB may have been damaged while resoldering certain components. I noticed when I replaced the crystal that the copper ring from the PCB actually came off and was still on the pin of the crystal.

Do you think it happened due to lack of MegaDrum documentation?

Absolutely due to lack of documentation. First off, you have a section on soldering the parts which has No information on it, I still can't even find a schematic of the all in one board. All I can find is the analog and digital board schematics. Basically all the questions I asked in the beginning regarding part identification could have all been answered by 1 page of component identification with a resister color code chart. Even just one picture of the 2.8 all in one board with all the components synthex provided installed would be a big help.
And a troubleshooting section off all the pin testing I did wouldn't be a bad idea either.
jeffbeckib

Postby Synthex » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:08 pm

jeffbeckib wrote:Absolutely due to lack of documentation. First off, you have a section on soldering the parts which has No information on it, I still can't even find a schematic of the all in one board. All I can find is the analog and digital board schematics. Basically all the questions I asked in the beginning regarding part identification could have all been answered by 1 page of component identification with a resister color code chart. Even just one picture of the 2.8 all in one board with all the components synthex provided installed would be a big help.
And a troubleshooting section off all the pin testing I did wouldn't be a bad idea either.

The schematic is in the PDF file on the first post in the All in One v2.8 topic.
Resister color code chart is in the PDF file on the first post in the All in One v2.8 topic
Part identification is in the FAQ section on the first post in the All in One v2.8 topic.

Some people have proposed to do an installation instructions for the kit, but I've never seen anything ...
Synthex

Postby dmitri » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:25 pm

jeffbeckib wrote:Absolutely due to lack of documentation. First off, you have a section on soldering the parts which has No information on it, I still can't even find a schematic of the all in one board. All I can find is the analog and digital board schematics. Basically all the questions I asked in the beginning regarding part identification could have all been answered by 1 page of component identification with a resister color code chart. Even just one picture of the 2.8 all in one board with all the components synthex provided installed would be a big help.

You're again mixing up things. I'm loosing the will to help you.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby jeffbeckib » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:36 pm

yes, but the schematic is not with the atmega32, so the pins are all different.

Synthex wrote:

The schematic is in the PDF file on the first post in the All in One v2.8 topic.
Resister color code chart is in the PDF file on the first post in the All in One v2.8 topic
Part identification is in the FAQ section on the first post in the All in One v2.8 topic.

Some people have proposed to do an installation instructions for the kit, but I've never seen anything ...
jeffbeckib

Postby jeffbeckib » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Synthex wrote:If you want, you can send me (by airmail) your PCB for a complete diagnosis.
This will avoid a waste of time for Dmitri and me.

Where are you located? France? My bass players wife is in Paris on business, is that anywhere near you? Perhaps I can have her pickup a new PCB all in one. I have a feeling this one may be damaged now and have broken traces.
jeffbeckib

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware