Positional sensing latch

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Positional sensing latch

Postby nemo » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:55 pm

Hello,

I have successfully set up positional sensing with my new diy snare, created specifically for this reason.
The display on megadrum device shows correct postion, but... when I start playing close to the edge and move to the center, the sound keeps like the "edge sound" to the very center. When I stop playing for a moment (let's say in the middle of the road between the edge and the center) and start hitting again, the sound changes to the one expected.
And the other way around is the same, meaning: from the center to the edge keeps to be the "center" one. Till I make a bit longer pause, to "unlatch".

Initially I suspected the Addictive Drums, as the display shows correct position, but I took a look at the raw notes from megadrum (midi log).
If I interpret correctly, the "CC: General Controller 1" messages are reponsible for the info about position?

So when I start from the center to the edge it's always 0x00 (unless I make a short break):
0.001 10 0xb9 0x10 0x00 E 0 CC: General Controller 1

From the edge to the center it's eg. like below (0x7f):
0.001 10 0xb9 0x10 0x7f E 0 CC: General Controller 1

Thus my request for help/advise - is there any parameter responsible for the "latching"?

Regards and thanks in advance,
GC
nemo

Re: Positional sensing latch

Postby dmitri » Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:17 pm

For hits within NoteOff Delay positional sensing value is kept at the value pf the first hit. You may want to reduce NoteOff Delay.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: Positional sensing latch

Postby nemo » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:14 am

Yes! That's it!

Thank you Dmitri!

Regards and thanks once again,
GC
nemo

Return to MegaDrum Hardware