Please help me setup, im having a lot of issues.

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Please help me setup, im having a lot of issues.

Postby lostboy » Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:37 pm

I suppose i'll list what Im using first. I have the newest 56 input megadrum that Dmitri built. I have Roland rt-30hr on snare and four toms. Rt-30k on kick. Two pd-8 pads for rototoms. A pd-8 as a ride. A visulite splash. I have four cy-8 cymbals, one cy-5 as a hihat and an fd-8.

I'm having a hell of a time setting everything up. I get everything nearly how i would like it but i still have some hiccups. Often times a pad wont trigger when hit (with any force) and then if i hit it again it will. Almost like i need to wake it up. I haven't even gotten around to cymbal choking yet. I'm ok using all cymbals as single zone and would prefer to do so. I also get a lot of false triggering on the bass-drum. I've gotten it a lot better but it refuses to work perfectly. The strangest thing is that sometimes i turn on megadrum and it goes to my settings, but several times I've turned it on and all of my settings have been erased. This is my biggest frustration. Hours upon hours of settings... all gone. Part of it was that in a panic i tried to retrieve the settings and overwrote megadrum manager settings on the mac. I want this to work so bad, but i'm really having trouble. Ive spent a lot of time trying to fine tune everything and i seem to get to a certain point, and everything falls apart. Thanks all.
lostboy

Re: Please help me setup, im having a lot of issues.

Postby dmitri » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:06 am

Can we address one issue at a time, e.g. MegaDrum starting with default settings?
Have you saved a config into a Config slot in MegaDrum?
Have you set 'AutoLoad Conf ' to yes after that?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lostboy » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:30 pm

I did save it all to a slot, and also a .conf file. Now it seems like its auto loading correctly. The biggest issue i seem to have is that initial hits dont always register. I see them on the vu meter on the megadrum module, but they dont seem to register though the midi. Some inputs are worse than others. For instance the bass drum doesnt seem to have any issues nor do the toms. The cy-8s are the most that present an issue.
lostboy

Postby airflamesred » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:41 pm

Post a screenshot of MDM and the troublesome inputs.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby dmitri » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:29 pm

If a hit is registered on LCD then it is sent over MIDI. Are you sure you set Note, ANote (alternating note) and PNote (pressroll note) to the same value?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lostboy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:38 pm

airflamesred wrote:Post a screenshot of MDM and the troublesome inputs.

will do when i get home tonight. thx.
lostboy

Postby lostboy » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:39 pm

dmitri wrote:If a hit is registered on LCD then it is sent over MIDI. Are you sure you set Note, ANote (alternating note) and PNote (pressroll note) to the same value?

i have all three set to the same note, yes.
lostboy

Postby dmitri » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:22 pm

I see them on the vu meter on the megadrum module, but they dont seem to register though the midi.

What do you mean my "register through the midi"? No sound in the drum synth app or no MIDI messages in the MDMFX MIDI Log?
Is it easy to reproduce?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby lostboy » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:20 pm

lostboy wrote:
dmitri wrote:If a hit is registered on LCD then it is sent over MIDI. Are you sure you set Note, ANote (alternating note) and PNote (pressroll note) to the same value?

i have all three set to the same note, yes.

its easy to reproduce because i get what seems like mis-hits often. Sometimes the cymbal will work normally and other times it wont. It happens on all of my cy-8s and also a single zone pintech. it does it on the toms also. The bass drum is the only thign that ive dialed in pretty perfectly.
lostboy

Postby dmitri » Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:20 am

dmitri wrote:What do you mean my "register through the midi"? No sound in the drum synth app or no MIDI messages in the MDMFX MIDI Log?

What about above?
dmitri
Site Admin

Next

Return to MegaDrum Hardware