Settings / reset questions

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Settings / reset questions

Postby ddropski » Mon May 24, 2021 1:42 pm

Hello everyone I had a few questions I hope someone can help me.

I am using pintech mesh pads (they have piezo and 2 potentiometes)

My first question is how do I reset the Megadrum. I have read the forum and it says to hold the right knob down and restart megadrum but all that does is quickly scrolls through the menu options and I also read it says to hold the up and down button together and that just dims the screen.

--

My second question is a little more difficult to describe. but ill try. How do I set the volume of lower hits without raising the volume on higher hits.. ill try to explain :
when I hit the pad with medium force megadrum triggers but not very loudly I can barely hear stick rolls etc ..but they are triggering and the Midi velocity graff showed they hit at about halfway.. but if I lower the high lvl the hard hits max out when I hit the drum with force.

all I need is to raise just the lower sounds and keep the highs to say the same .. if I change the threshold then some notes won't trigger

--

the last question when something happened now in my settings that when I hit the drum they sound like they are making a (phase or flanger sound) almost as if Two drums play at the exact same time (only one drum program is running though) I restarted my computer and tried another program (superior/ BFD) both are about the same .. it has to be a setting because it was not always doing this .. this is why I want to reset and start over.

if someone can answer these tree questions I will be on my way to having this together .. thank you Mega Drum community
ddropski

Re: Settings / reset questions

Postby ibanman555 » Mon May 24, 2021 7:53 pm

Have you spent time reading through the Configuration?

https://www.megadrum.info/content/pads-settings

It is vital that you understand what the settings do entirely otherwise what we ask you to do still won't make sense. Please spend time reading this and have an understanding of what the settings do. Also, if you aren't using MegaDrum Manager FX I recommend you do, as it will make the setup process much easier, and you will see that some key adjustments will give you what you want, no reset necessary.

If you would like to try and import my pad settings, maybe they will give you more of a result you are looking for:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... MzDPjOS8yq

Resetting MD will not solve your issues unfortunately.
ibanman555

Postby airflamesred » Tue May 25, 2021 6:12 am

No need to reset.
The second question is to do with velocity curve, I suspect, and the third is probably retrigger.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby ddropski » Fri May 28, 2021 12:52 pm

1st Thank you so very much for your files, I did read the manual more times than I can count but there are many parts I do not understand. I didn't want to post 1000 questions .. but maybe your files will help.

A simplified document would really be good no offence to the author of the original document it's good but hard to understand me and many people have never used midi drums cept for Roland per set modules .. so I do know what a press roll is (i sounds delicious though) or how to read the Graffs. I think some would look at it and be intimidated I know from talking with my friends. but I'll try almost anything once. It would be nice the have a document that just explains in simple terms what the setting do and their result not just for me but for others joining Megadrum
it would cut down a lot of questions.

short simple explanations such as this:
Threshold:
(explanation) this sets the "line" as to what MegaDrum will detect a signal anything under the "line" will not detect, anything over will trigger a sound
(Result) setting to high notes will not trigger/set to low may cause notes will trigger by themselves

One problem I have is I saved the global settings (Save all) .. from slot 1 but now my midi no longer works it was saved to config1 on my desktop. but now it loads that file everytime ,strange I have deleted it too but I think it is saved in the mega drums memory

let me start there and ask how to set it back to config1 being blank? (I'm weird OCD) and it not being correct bothers me a lot.

I do think Megadrum is awesome Dimitri you are a genius and I would love to see this project grow but some times it's easy for a person so start to talk over a persons head I tend to do it a lot when talking about computers to people (there is only 1 video and the guy doesn't explain anything at all ) he says "you do need these settings" .. well obviously some people do that's why they are there LOL

once I get a handle on what the setting do I wouldn't mind helping create training materials if you would like. Like I said earlier no offence to anyone who put their time into the existing materials but I'm just trying to give insight as a typical new user ( the guide is good for the very technical minded (most people aren't) we beat things with sticks LOL
ddropski

Postby dmitri » Sat May 29, 2021 8:32 pm

As per https://www.megadrum.info/content/confi ... -and-hints, you can start MegaDrum with default settings by powering it up while keeping the button RIGHT pressed. You then can save this default config to any slot thus overriding previous config in this slot.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby ddropski » Mon May 31, 2021 5:31 am

when I do this it just scrolls through all the settings
ddropski

Postby ibanman555 » Mon May 31, 2021 10:20 am

Yes it does. The point is, when you press and hold the right button, all pads settings set to default upon power up. There won't be any fanfaire or message telling you such, so trust it. Once it's done powering up, you can let go of the button or it will scroll through settings.

So, do it, and save to slot 1 or config 1 to overwrite/reset your MegaDrum.
ibanman555

Postby ddropski » Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:56 pm

thank you for the explanations
ddropski

Return to MegaDrum Hardware