Please help me understand these questions

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Please help me understand these questions

Postby ddropski » Fri May 14, 2021 2:43 pm

I have a few questions.. I have the newest MD56 input built by Dimitri and using Pinntech pads ,but I have a few questions.

1) wanted to set up just a single pad 1 zone ( just to start) I selected disable and used the kick input since there is only 1 zone on that (Head) i see all the inputs besides kick are checked Disbld (alt note,Presroll) even on the kick im working with and ony have note set to something like F# -1. And i even hit the button that says disable others ... but when I hit the pad and move the input to other ports they still trigger. random notes .. is that a sort of cross talk happening internally?
-----------
2) some time when i hit the pad at a steady rhythm it will alternate between 2 notes it will look like this :

(I hit the pad)
D# 1 on
D#1 off
(I hit the pad)
C -1 on
C -1 off
(repeat )
so it plays only every other note where is that C -1 being triggered. from? I do not see it in any on the drums
-------
3) My pintechs pads have 2 piezos in them one center and one at the side each goes to a separate potentiometer. also (head& Rim) do I still set them up as single Peizo or as 2 but then when I do that it opens up a 3d zone tab? or should I just disconnect the side? will I still later be able to position sence with just 1 center piezo?

I know its a lot of questions.. but if anyone could help me I can use that info to help others as well
ddropski

Re: Please help me understand these questions

Postby dmitri » Fri May 14, 2021 7:15 pm

1. Once you disabled all inputs in MDMFX you need to send the whole config from MDMFX to MegaDrum.
2. Make sure AltNote and PressrollNote are set equal to Note.
3. If it is a dual zone pad/cymbal you configured it as such. For piezo/piezo pads when configured as dual zone pad, 3rd zone settings are normally used for crossticks (e.g. on snare). If not used, you can set all 3rd zone notes equal to Edge zone notes. See https://www.megadrum.info/content/pads-settings , and in particular 'PadName->DualHead for Head/Bow input or PadName->Type for Rim/Edge inputs, PadName->DualMidPoin and PadName->DualMidWidth
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby ddropski » Sat May 15, 2021 1:38 am

I have tried what you said and i still get the C -1 the note selection does not even go that low the fist note I can select is C# -1 (c would be below that and i cant even select it so i know no other pad had it selected .. so i only get notes on every other hit (D -1) the red circles are the buttons I pressed to send to the md

Im trying to follow the video you have on your site and on youtube about how to set up your pads

midi screen.JPG

manager.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ddropski

Postby ddropski » Sat May 15, 2021 2:53 am

I figured it out I think .. I feel really stupid lol i was using the MDM not MDMFX :) Face PAlm

not its working properly so far thank you
ddropski

Return to MegaDrum Hardware