Firmware upgrade

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Firmware upgrade

Postby BBdrmz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:19 pm

I have win10 and microsoft edge as a browser. I read that could possibly interfere somehow with an update of the firmware. I cannot remember or find where I had read it. Or, perhaps I didnt understand how to fix the issue. My MIDI settings are:
Midi in: Interface (coming from megadrum)
Midi out - of interface going back to megadrum
USB carries MIDI from the interface to the computer. (maybe I need direction here?)

I have successfully opened MDM and have Sysex to a green light . Two red question marks in red to the left though, next to the configuration box header.
I've unzipped the 20200331 zip folder update, turned off my unit (tried starting the update with the unit on as well), opened the bin file with the firmware upgrade tool. I get a yellow bar saying 'Megadrum is not responding'.

Perhaps its just me,or am I confusing myself with the no power cord/USB/extra set up options? Id like the sysex messages to go through the USB and the MIDI signal for the drums to go thru my audio interface as I have had problems with ghosts hitting my drums while connected through USB. Perhaps that is different now, but would like it to be the older type connector because of this.
At any rate, Id like to be able to utilize the software functionality. Any help would be great.
BBdrmz

Re: Firmware upgrade

Postby dmitri » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:04 pm

If for any reason firmware update doesn't work in MDMFX, please follow viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1252 it always works if followed to the letter.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby BBdrmz » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:42 pm

what do the two question marks mean when colored red?
BBdrmz

Postby dmitri » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:52 pm

It means you either have not saved any config yet on your PC or deleted a the last saved/loaded config file so MDMFX could not load it on start up. Once you saved a config, MDMFX will load this config on startup and these question marks in red will turn into Ok in green.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby BBdrmz » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:27 am

Okay, I have all green lights now. Thank you.
BBdrmz

Postby BBdrmz » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:40 am

Scratch that last post. Things seemed to be going well until the update. I finally got the hi hats working. I updated to the MDMFX, and have the most recent firmware update. Now the update for the firmware will not finish, nor will the unit turn back on. It defaults to a black screen unless I push the left button. One push and it goes to the update screen, but the update will not work.
BBdrmz

Postby dmitri » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:25 pm

Please follow viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1252 to restore the firmware.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby BBdrmz » Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:11 am

A friend that learned programming years ago helped me to reboot the firmware. New firm is active.
BBdrmz

Return to MegaDrum Hardware