Sysex Mismatch after firmware upgrade

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Sysex Mismatch after firmware upgrade

Postby dsteinschneider » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:24 pm

I upgraded to 20200331. Two things happening and I'm sure they're related. It seems stuck on Config 100. Normally I can save to a slot, say #7 and it swtiches to the slot and then I can edit and save parameters. With 20200331 I save to a slot but it stays stuck on 100. When I change a parameter, say threshold I get a "Sysex Mismatch".

I flashed back to 20190602 and it's fine.

Just go over the firmware upgrade process in case I'm missing a step:

1. Backup my setup

2 Turn the MD off
- Press and hold both rotary encoders and turn MD on
- MD LCD indicates FwSUpdater - StartUpdateOnPC
- I then run MDUpdate and choose the 20200331 firmware
- CMD box appears
- Choose Output Port
- Choose Input Port
- Midi light flashes and firmware update shows progress on LCD by writing "o"s
dsteinschneider

Re: Sysex Mismatch after firmware upgrade

Postby dmitri » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:36 pm

I will check it.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dmitri » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:29 pm

I checked it and it worked as expected...almost. The only thing which was slightly failing was SaveToSlot when Number of inputs was set to 56. It worked almost as expected except that when I did SaveToSlot it indeed saved into a slot in MegaDrum but after that "a few seconds" later MDMFX sends a request to MegaDrum to get the Current Config number. This "a few seconds" was set to 3 seconds in MDMFX and with slightly bigger configs with latest firmware it was sending just a bit too early. I now changed it to 5 seconds and works fine now. The latest MDMFX version with this fix is now 20200410.

Try again with new MDMFX. Make sure that the number of inputs in MegaDrum and in MDMXF is the same. If it still fails, please describe what you do to reproduce the problem.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby dsteinschneider » Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi Dimitri,

I didn't update the MDMFX when I updated the firmware! Going back and reading page that announces the update I see that I missed that part.

In any case I'll update to the the 20200410
dsteinschneider

Postby dsteinschneider » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:21 pm

Hi Dimitri,

That was the issue - I upgraded MDMFXManager and then used the March firmware and it worked fine.

I decided to fix a little issue I've had but didn't really care about which was my UFO Drums Kick trigger was double trigger at very low velocities. I had raised the threshold in the past to get rid of it but this time I lowered the threshold so it would trigger velocity 1 and then I clicked that Enable Extra False Supression check box I never noticed before and it's triggering beautifully now!

I'm doing some lessons that require low velocity kick drum - in the past I never played that softly.
dsteinschneider

Postby jorgo » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:40 am

Hi Dmitri,
just checked New Firmware (20200331) and MDMFX (20200410).
All OK - good work...
stay healthy
jorgo

Return to MegaDrum Hardware