Pad missing hits

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Pad missing hits

Postby Russ15 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:47 am

It appears I am having a similar issue to this post here: https://www.megadrum.info/forums/viewto ... f=3&t=3845

The issue occurs when playing my floor tom pad (single zone) and bass drum simultaneously. The bass drum will pick up each midi note however the floor tom pad will only produce a midi note every 4 or 5 hits (if playing fast).

The bass drum is on a separate Xtalk Group as it is isolated from the floor tom. If I play only the floor tom it will work without issue and only produces this issue when played with the kick.

Kick is on Input 1, Tom is on Input 2+3 (input 3 is disabled)... I moved the hi hat to input 12+13

I am using BFD3 and connecting the Megadrum over usb to the computer. I can confirm that this is an issue when BFD3 is not running at all.

Any assistance is much appreciated, thanks!

Edit: I noticed that the hi hat input is still set to input 2 (which would be the floor tom input) would this cause an issue? I am unable to select input 12 from the dropdown menu in MegaDrumManager FX.
Russ15

Re: Pad missing hits

Postby dmitri » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:13 pm

Yes, you have to set the HiHat cymbal input in HiHat pedal settings to match where it is connected to. As MDMFX does not allow to set it above 8, you have to move the HiHat cymbal from input 12 to 2, 4, 6 or 8 and set the HiHat input in pedal settings accordingly.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Russ15 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:18 pm

Thanks dmitri, I will switch the hi hat input to 2 and move the floor tom over to 12 and report back.
Russ15

Postby Russ15 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:49 pm

That fixed the issue with the hits missing once moving the inputs. However I did discover an odd problem with input 2.

I first moved the hi hat back to input 2, copied my settings over (from input 12), and changed the hi hat pedal settings to reflect input 2. I found that I was unable to use the edge or bell zone on my pcy135 after moving to input 2. I tried going through the 3 way yamaha cymbal setup documentation but still was not able to get anything on this input.
I then moved the hi hat to input 4, copied my settings to this input, and changed the hi hat pedal settings to reflect input 4 was used for the hi hat. Right away everything worked liked normal; I did not need to do any additional configuring.

For further testing I hooked up my snare to input 2, copied my settings over (from input 6), and the result was terrible... Could not do press rolls, lots of machine gun triggering, pretty much unplayable.

I then tested hooking up the snare to input 8, copied my settings, and right away it worked as normal.

At this point I disabled input 2 completely and everything is playing perfectly at the moment while working around this input. I don't have a pressing need to fix input 2, but just thought I would report that strange issue.

Thanks dmitri
Russ15

Postby dmitri » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:12 pm

When you setup a 3 zone HiHat cymbal, do you actually configure all zones Notes in the HiHat Pedal settings for all pedal positions?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Russ15 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:14 pm

Yes I think so. I will have to double check when I get home.
Russ15

Postby Russ15 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:21 am

I assign bow and edge notes, but not bell notes for all pedal positions.
Russ15

Postby dmitri » Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:35 pm

You have to set all Notes in Pedal settings are to match notes for all zone for all positions or, if you use MIDI CC for pedal positions, you have to set all Notes in Pedal settings equal to Notes in the HiHat cymbal settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Russ15 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:50 pm

Ok, thanks dmitri
Russ15

Return to MegaDrum Hardware