Can someone please explain what Pressroll is for?

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Can someone please explain what Pressroll is for?

Postby evh0u812 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Maybe with a practical example? Did a deep dive search but couldnt get a clear answer. Does it just trigger a different note if consecutive hits under a certain threshold are detected?
If so whats the practical use for it?
Cheers.
evh0u812

Re: Can someone please explain what Pressroll is for?

Postby jarosz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:55 pm

dmitri wrote:Pressroll notes are triggered if time interval between hits is shorter than Note Off delay.

It may be useful if you can't detect fast rolls accurately and you have a sample of a fast roll to play it back instead.
jarosz

Postby airflamesred » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:46 am

evh0u812 wrote: Does it just trigger a different note if consecutive hits under a certain threshold are detected?
If so whats the practical use for it?
Cheers.

Yes, that's all it does. If you can't think of a practical use for it then you probably won't need it.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby evh0u812 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:29 pm

Got my MD configured and have pressrolls working. I cant see a practical use for it with Superior Drummer 3 as the samples are so good as is the triggering of the MD. Even if i dont use it im blown away by the feature list of the MD. Such a great bit of gear.
evh0u812

Postby airflamesred » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:52 pm

Well the minimum requirement is a flam so you might consider triggering a clap sound maybe?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Return to MegaDrum Hardware