Settings for Jobeky Ride

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: Settings for Jobeky Ride

Postby Mylo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:04 pm

I’m going to get those answers today but I have a question.

Does it matter the order in which I say this:

Bell (piezo)/bow (piezo)
Bow (piezo)/bell (piezo)

Do those mean the same thing? I’m trying to learn the proper language so I can speak more intelligently and help out.

I get the sense that the format is [head/bow] (type) / [rim/edge] (type). And that the order means something.
Mylo

Postby Mylo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:41 pm

First up is the Bell jack. I have a picture of the jack box from the cymbal showing the cable plugged into the Bell jack. I have a picture of the MD jack showing the cable being plugged into the Ride (6 RideB/7 RideE) jack. And then a screenshot of the settings and the MIDI log.

(sorry... I can't seem to get the pictures right side up).

Superior Drummer MIDI Not Mapping
30 = Bell
51 = Bow
59 = Edge

The MIDI log is showing correctly that when I hit the Bow I get a 51 note. When I hit the Bell I get a 30 note. The separation is quite good here as well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mylo

Postby Mylo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:48 pm

Second up is the Bow/Edge jack. I have a picture of the jack box from the cymbal showing the cable plugged into the Bow/Edge jack. I have a picture of the MD jack showing the cable being plugged into the Ride (6 RideB/7 RideE) jack. And then a screenshot of the settings and the MIDI log.

(sorry... I can't seem to get the pictures right side up).

Superior Drummer MIDI Not Mapping
30 = Bell
51 = Bow
59 = Edge

The MIDI log is showing correctly that when I hit the Bow I get a 51 note *first few blue bars in the MIDI log). When I hit the Edge I get a 59 note (green bars). The separation is quite good here as well. And choke is working for 51 and 59 notes (gray bars). Just a note... the last two blue bars in the MIDI log showing note 51 is when I hit the bell just to see what would happen.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mylo

Postby maru_engineering » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:19 pm

Hi Mylo!

See my settings, I made them with dmitri's help:

I think it's critical to make an Xtalk Group dedicated to the Ride for Bow-Bell separation as they are piezo-piezo.

Let us know how it goes...
maru_engineering

Postby Mylo » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:11 pm

IT IS WORKING! Bell, bow, edge and choke. Even though the MIDI log doesn’t show a choke for the bell it is being choke as well.

Thanks for all the help. I think your settings should be placed as a reference thread for Jobeky rides. And maybe even PPS type three zone rides.
Mylo

Previous

Return to MegaDrum Hardware