Cymbal with choke issue

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Cymbal with choke issue

Postby NicoLai » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:06 pm

Hi,
I'm trying to add the choke function to my DIY cymbal but I can not make it work properly. I read some threads in the forum but none of them addresses my problem.
I add a capture of the midi to see the behavior.
For the connection of the sensor I used the two attached diagrams, obtaining the same result.

Diagrams
http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... g~original
http://oi63.tinypic.com/2nas787.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NicoLai

Re: Cymbal with choke issue

Postby ignotus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:56 pm

What specifically doesn't work? It seems to be sending aftertouch messages so apparently it's working.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby NicoLai » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:10 pm

ignotus wrote:What specifically doesn't work? It seems to be sending aftertouch messages so apparently it's working.

The problem is that every time the choke circuit is closed, it sends two signals, one with 0 and another with 54, the signal of the head / bow, so in the superior drummer when the choke is activate, head / bow sounds.

Excuse my English :S
NicoLai

Postby ignotus » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:22 pm

Is Superior Drummer configured to choke with aftertouch messages? Maybe there's a setting to change that, because if it's playing the note instead of choking it's probably because it's not interpreting the aftertouch message as a choke signal.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby dmitri » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:45 pm

The aftertouch messages are for Notes 0 and 54 are. 54 is the Head Note. Since you did not show 3rd zone config, I'm guessing it is set 0. Ether set it equal to Rim zone Note (52) if it is a dual zone cymbal or set it to a desired Note number for the 3rd zone if it is a 3 zone cymbal.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby NicoLai » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Thanks for your comments, for hours I have been thinking that it was a problem of wiring or the MD Manager.
Finally I have been able to configure it in Addictive Drums and it works perfectly.
NicoLai

Return to MegaDrum Hardware