Odd snare drum behaviour

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Odd snare drum behaviour

Postby John M » Sun May 26, 2019 1:25 pm

My snare drum is a 10" A2E conversion, with ZED 2 ply mesh head and Triggera Intrigg sensor. When I play single, steady strokes it works fine. When I play faster I get several instances of the the snare hits decreasing in volume when I hit the drum harder.. weird! I'm also struggling to find a setting that comes close to capturing ghost notes.

I've got two toms with the same mesh head and sensor setup. They both work great. I've tried swapping one of the toms in place of the snare, thinking there may have been a problem with the snare drum sensor, but I get exactly the same inconsistent volume and lack of ghost notes. Any suggestions?
32 input ARM MegaDRUM | DrumMic'a | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 | Win8.1 i5 8GB
John M

Re: Odd snare drum behaviour

Postby airflamesred » Sun May 26, 2019 3:26 pm

So copy the tom settings and paste to the snare.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby John M » Mon May 27, 2019 11:42 am

airflamesred wrote:So copy the tom settings and paste to the snare.

Tried that. No joy.

I've just configured a 13" drum as snare, in place of the 10" and there's been a huge improvement... ghost notes and double stroke rolls etc are now working great.

I guess my mesh head/trigger combo suits the larger diameter! I found it impossible to get a similar snare response with the 10" drum.
32 input ARM MegaDRUM | DrumMic'a | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 | Win8.1 i5 8GB
John M

Postby airflamesred » Mon May 27, 2019 12:45 pm

Could you post your settings here just for interests sake?
As I'm sure you're aware we have an extensive team of analysists here that can offer some incite.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Return to MegaDrum Hardware