False Trigger Suppression Algorithm Single Piezo vs. Dual

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: False Trigger Suppression Algorithm Single Piezo vs. Dua

Postby maru_engineering » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi Dmitri!

I found out that my problem might be related to the third zone detection algorithm... Please have a look at the attached pictures...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maru_engineering

Postby maru_engineering » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:22 pm

I didn't mention that I worked on the pad in order to reduce the ringing; see below the wave forms and the Trigger result; the second pair is a double note...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
maru_engineering

Postby maru_engineering » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:25 pm

And here is the picture of the pad; I replace thestruts with aluminium ones and I used fewer of them in order to achieve monotonically decaying wave forms...
maru_engineering

Postby dmitri » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:38 pm

1. This is a mesh pad but you reversed DynLevel and DynTime back to low levels. Raise them.
2. It's dual zone piezo/piezo pad so don't disable 3rd zone but adjust MidPoint for best balance between head and rim hits. If you don't want to use crosstick (3rd zone notes) set MidPointWidth to 0.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Erik » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:57 pm

I'm new to megdrum and just got my module (thanks to dimitri for fast delivery on this way ;-) ) and trying to setup my drums. After quite a while of try and error i read this topic and i was able to reproduce the effect with the swapping stereo so mono cable... No matter if i set up the pas as single or dual pad and also no matter if i disable the second input completly. I think this is something weird in the firmware, isn't it? Is it a good advise to short the ring to sleeve an 1 zone pads in order to achive better falseTrigSupp?
Erik

Postby maru_engineering » Tue May 14, 2019 10:03 am

I think that there is something strange about this behaviour as well, but it seems I couldn't convince the master... :D

I reversed the polarity of the Rim Piezo and raised the Threshold for the Rim Zone in order to get some kind of compromise... In my case we're talking about the Snare so I cannot afford to supress the Rim zone completely (like using a mono cable)...
maru_engineering

Previous

Return to MegaDrum Hardware