Last chance simple binary backup without MDM?

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Last chance simple binary backup without MDM?

Postby daniele99 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:16 am

Hi Dimitri, it's a long time....
Yesterday night i had trouble with my MD ATM644_20mhz. It missed config memories, said FAILED loading or saving and started to do strange self triggering machine gunning . It has a 2012 firmware so i decided to update (late...i know, but it was working great!).
The time-jump was too heavy! My MDM old java version didn't start due to java problems....so i decided to update manually MDMfx to a 2017 version. But i was never be able to load my backupped configs in the new MDM and then from MDM to MD due to mismatching parameters.
Now i'm starting from the ground. All my setting lost forever and ever :((((

May you consider to add a simple "bin" backup of MD internal setting without using MDM (that is continuesly developing...). It may be the last chance not to loose all the night and day work to setup MD for a basic operation with our own kit.To avoid to start from scratch everytime...
May you with a reasonable effort?
Cheers, Daniele
Daniele99
DIY edrum kit, Yamaha PCY135, PCY155, Millenium/Alesis 1zone cymbals,Roland FD-8,Roland SPD-S
daniele99

Re: Last chance simple binary backup without MDM?

Postby dmitri » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:31 pm

Generally, MDMFX should not have problems loading configs created with previous versions as normally only new settings are introduced. So all settings from previous version should load fine.
There is no way I could do it on binary (sysex) level - sysex configs from old firmware versions may (will) mess up settings in new firmware version, and MDMFX is there to help to backup a config from old frimware version and restore it with a new firmware version.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby daniele99 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:20 am

Then i think i was too much outdated! I'm on Win xp on a dedicated machine as MD host, no more Java updates avaiable. Got to use another notebook with Win7 to update MD!
Yesterday i spent 4/5 hours to renconfigure the beast. Fortunatley the days i spent on it years ago helped me to achieve the right setup faster then before. I've to note that in 5 years MD made long steps ahead in triggerinjg accuracy! I feel better now! Only PS is sometimes randomic, but i think i've to cool down my snare signal more.

Now it would be cool to apply the "new hihat algorythm" that you are developing. By now i'm using the old one. Where i can find a detailed description of the new parameters? I tried some settings but with bad results. Not sure what they do and how to set them up.
Thank you Dmitri!
Daniele99
DIY edrum kit, Yamaha PCY135, PCY155, Millenium/Alesis 1zone cymbals,Roland FD-8,Roland SPD-S
daniele99

Postby dmitri » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:37 pm

"new hihat algorythm" is only meant for generating chicks and splashes. It was added a couple of years back but apparently nobody uses it and so it was not changed since then. I guess most people use Drum synths to generate chicks and splashes using MIDI CC 4.
Read about New Algrthm in https://www.megadrum.info/content/hihat-pedal-settings
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware