I cannot update my Megadrum...

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

I cannot update my Megadrum...

Postby giovannihusic » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:01 pm

So... Hello, everybody!

My problem is, my 56 input Amega 664 Megadrum has 2014 firmware and does not communicate with the latest Megadrum manager. I get a "SysEx Error" and everything is red. I managed to download a Manager version from 2017 (the ftp server tells me "you do not have permissions to download this version" for the earlier ones...) and now they sort of communicate, like the SysEx tab is green and I can even save a configuration. BUT, when I hit a pad, my Megadrum reacts (the cursors jumps on the LCD screen) but nothings jumps in Manager and if I change a setting and click send - nothing, I even get an "error message."

Manager wants me to update Megadrum to "at least 2015 version" BUT, if I try to - Megadrum simply restarts and no update takes place.

I believe I need an older update file and older manager, maybe even an older system (I use windows 10, now) and then gradually update and update.

Actually, all I want is to actually USE my Megadrum, but it's really hard to set it up from the LCD display, although surely doable. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joshua
giovannihusic

Re: I cannot update my Megadrum...

Postby dmitri » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:52 pm

Did you look at the Impossible to upgrade topic which is three topics down from this?:

From there:
If you're having a problem upgrading in MDMFX then you have to use the procedure from viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1252 - it always works.
dmitri
Site Admin

Re: I cannot update my Megadrum...

Postby drumsensitive » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Built a new computer without antivirus and freshly installed Windows 7 and it finally worked!!!!

Thanks for your help! :)
drumsensitive

Return to MegaDrum Hardware