Once working.....now not so much....

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Once working.....now not so much....

Postby LM44895DT » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:29 am

Hello all, I'm in desperate need of knowledge. In May I purchased a prebuilt 32input Megadrum, and for the duration of the year, through last night, everything worked great. This morning I went to turn it on (accidentally flicking on then off) and now it won't seem to load. I unplugged all pads and upon turning on, the LED will flash once then remain on, LCD screen remains black and PC does not detect any hardware. I tried with another computer. Same result. I popped the top just to see if there were any obvious problems, shorts, etc., none. However, as I didn't build myself, I'm not super familiar with the circuit. When I try to enter the boot loader, LED stays lit however still nothing on LCD or PC. Any thoughts as to what I could have done, or what happened to my unit? Could I have somehow corrupted by flicking On/Off? Appreciate any and all help.
LM44895DT

Re: Once working.....now not so much....

Postby dmitri » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:44 pm

When you enter the bootloader, is it detected as a USB MIDI device?
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby LM44895DT » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:41 pm

Nope. I'm not even sure if I successfully enter boot-loader to be honest, as the only difference is that LED does not blink and remains on the entire time. Otherwise no other response or difference from MD or from PC.
LM44895DT

Postby dmitri » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Looks like the electronics inside have been damaged somehow. A couple of devices which broke in the past were either damaged due to problems with grounding.
Please PM me to arrange a repair.
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware