Roland FD-9 Hi-Hat Controller not working on MegaDrum Module

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Roland FD-9 Hi-Hat Controller not working on MegaDrum Module

Postby pittjes » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi there..,

I decided to built a so-called 'e-cajon' based on an article by Zourman found under
https://powerhell.wordpress.com/about/z ... a-e-cajon/

It is based on a built-in MegaDrum module and some piezos being built in.

When I got this up and running (although still fighting with some cross-talking between the sensors)

My trouble begun when I entered in a kind of 'second phase':

- I decided to buy two Roland pedals: one KT-9 kick-drum and one FD-9 Hi-Hat controller.

- I asked Zourman how to link the 6.35 mm input jacks of the pedals to the MegaDrum board and he advised me to do it in the following way:

"FD-9 (is a high impedance pedal). Connect 40 to tip of the pedal input, 38 to pedal ring and 15 or 16 to sleeve on the pedal input.
37 to tip kick input, 15 or 16 to Sleeve for that kick input. (This is a TS input – Ring is not used)
Use the Hi-HatB (b=bow, e=edge) for an internal piezo in the e-cajon. This is the hi-hat cymbal trigger which the pedal actually controls."

- I did it as suggested and the kick-drum pedal works fine (after some parameter setting with values from Zourmans parameter library; actually I used the KD9-values of Dropski).

- But for the Hi-Hat controller I cannot get it working... I used also parameters from Zourman's library for an FD-8 controller but nothing happened....

Is there anything wrong in the setup?
Is the cabling for the HiHat controller not correct?

Thanks in advance for some advice...
pittjes

Re: Roland FD-9 Hi-Hat Controller not working on MegaDrum Mo

Postby dmitri » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:23 pm

1. Post the screenshots of the HiHat settings.
2. Please describe what you mean by "I cannot get it working".
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby pittjes » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:59 pm

Please find here the parameters for the HiHat pedal as copied from Zourman's Parameter Library for the FD-8.
Pls find also the parameters for the Hit piezo/pad...

'Not working' means: not noise, no sound, no reaction. Nothing but silence...

Rads
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pittjes

Postby dmitri » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:14 pm

1. Labels in blue colour means that settings are not in sync with MegaDrum. You need to send settings to MegaDrum to sync them or enable 'Live updates'.
2. You set almost all pedal notes to 0. Most certainly this is wrong. Either set them equal to Notes of the HiHat cymbal if you use MIDI CC for pedal positions in your drum synth or set them to note numbers matching required sounds in your drum synth.
3. "'Not working' means: not noise, no sound, no reaction. Nothing but silence..." - turn sound volume up? Configure your drum synth to actually do something with data received from MegaDrum? Or by "no noise, no sound, no reaction" you mean MegaDrum doesn't send MIDI data when you press/release the pedal?
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware