Cant get it to work

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Cant get it to work

Postby Visualvoodoo » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:43 am

HI all, im not sure if this has already been spoken about but I have actually owned a 56 input ( made for me ) and have not really had the chance to play.
I have started to do just that and have found this to be almost impossible.
I can even get it to put out the notes I would like it to, and even though I save it seems it does not keep the settings etc.

I am about to give up, but am hoping someone can help me...

I want to be able to do the following...

1 - connect a Yamaha practice kit to it for rehearsals etc.
It is the pad version or better yet the Yamaha DTxpress 2.
2 zone pads and 3 zone cymbals.

2 - I have an acoustic kit that i use live and have 682drums triggers and mesh heads.

I want to be able to have the two seperate settings in Drum manager and pull them up depending on what kit i am using.

At the moment i just cant get it working and of course am starting to blame the unit being faulty rather than me being an idiot!! ha ha

an example would be as follows...
I have the kit set to put out note 127 ( G7 ) however in the software ( which I am using studio drummer ) it shows the incoming note as C1???

IT doesnt seem to matter what notes I set it just sends random ones??

What am I doing wrong as Im about to give up...
Is there a way i can now go back and start from scratch ( like a factory reset ) and have someone give me a little advice...

Heres hoping theres help out there in Megadrum land.
Regards
Jeff
Visualvoodoo

Re: Cant get it to work

Postby dmitri » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:26 pm

1. Post screenshot of settings for a particular pad and input.
2. Describe a problem with these particular settings and post a screenshot of MDMFX MIDI Log showing incorrect notes being output.
3. As per https://www.megadrum.info/content/confi ... -and-hints - to start with default settings, power up while holding button RIGHT pressed.
dmitri
Site Admin

Return to MegaDrum Hardware