Configuration Woes

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Configuration Woes

Postby rivertam » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:18 am

Hey everyone.

I have a UFO Drums trigger as well as a MegaDrum and a SamplePad Pro. I also have a Windows machine running Superior Drummer 3.

I'm getting much better sounds out of the trigger -> SamplePad Pro -> SD3 setup than I am out of the trigger -> MegaDrum -> SD3 setup.

I've made a video about it showcasing the issue in the hope that someone will be able to help out with the configuration. I've read a lot of guides and materials on how to configure it properly, but it's just not coming out right.

https://youtu.be/MXXQgdwU_p0

Much appreciated. Take care everyone. =)
rivertam

Re: Configuration Woes

Postby airflamesred » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:31 am

Please post a screenshot of the settings.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby rivertam » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:03 am

It's in the video, but here it is separate.

Transcribed:

Name: SnareH
Disabled: No
Note: 38
AltNote: 38
PressrollNote: 38
Channel: 10
Function: Normal
Curve: LinearCustom1
Compresssion: 0
Level Shift: 0
XTalk Level: 4
XTalk Group: 0
Threshold: 30
Gain: 4
HighLevelAuto: No
HighLevel: 395
Retrigger Mask: 1
DynLevel: 8
DynTime: 52
MinScan: 40
Pos Level: Disabled
Pos Low: 5
Pos High: 15
Type: Single Piezo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rivertam

Postby airflamesred » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:16 am

What is the other note it is triggering? I'm on a phone and can't see your vid in much detail.

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby rivertam » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:32 pm

airflamesred wrote:What is the other note it is triggering? I'm on a phone and can't see your vid in much detail.

Rim hit. It's a dual-zone trigger with both head and rim, but I'm just debugging the head portion right now and doing the rim later.
rivertam

Postby airflamesred » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:23 pm

rivertam wrote:Rim hit. It's a dual-zone trigger with both head and rim, but I'm just debugging the head portion right now and doing the rim later.

So its a dual zone and needs to be configured that way. You have it set to single piezo. The two are very much interactive as, presumably, you would want them to be while playing..
What is the round robin status, if you don't mind me asking?

airflamesred

Postby rivertam » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:09 pm

Oh man, I feel kind of stupid now. I thought it was "(Dual or 3way) Yamaha" not "Dual or (3way Yamaha)", and I thought this meant two piezos for the head, not two piezos total. It's odd how subtle this difference is, but changing it to dual may have improved it somewhat. It certainly reduced the number of false rim hits. Is the idea that it would try to detect rim hits based on something besides which piezo was triggered, so it was false triggering the rim because it thought certain head hits were actually rim triggers?

What is round robin, and how do I check its status?

Thanks for your help by the way. =)
rivertam

Postby airflamesred » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:17 pm

No worries, everyone has done it, including me.
The round robin number in SD3, with your vid, my perception was that that there was some machine gunning. As I say, on the phone I could be wrong.

Edit
Hit variations is the tab you need to look for.
Last edited by airflamesred on Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

airflamesred

Postby rivertam » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:25 pm

How do I check the round robin settings?
rivertam

Postby airflamesred » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:08 pm

rivertam wrote:How do I check the round robin settings?

Sorry, see above. EvilDragon infoms me that hit variations is their round robin terminology.

airflamesred

Next

Return to MegaDrum Hardware