HiHat not triggering anymore

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

HiHat not triggering anymore

Postby Karcastic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Hello, love the MegaDrum Dmitri, thanks again! Unfortunately I have ran across an issue all of the sudden. My HiHat input isn’t working.. cymbals sensor seems ok, and the path has too. Also the soldered connections seem solid. Anyone have any ideas? Everything else works fine it seems including the control pedal. Could I bypass and use another input if it’s dead for some reason? Any help is appreciated. Thanks again
Karcastic

Re: HiHat not triggering anymore

Postby airflamesred » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:55 pm

You can bypass it but I would be very surprised if it has broken. What is the midi log saying, what have you changed?

koby drums - Triggera krigg/Bix - megadrum - Kontakt........... Samples from all and sundry.
airflamesred

Postby Karcastic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:23 pm

airflamesred wrote:You can bypass it but I would be very surprised if it has broken. What is the midi log saying, what have you changed?

I’ll have to check that, will look into it as soon as I’m home tonight. I probably didn’t change much but I’ll see if I can list my settings for help too.
Karcastic

Postby dmitri » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:15 pm

You can use any other input for the HiHat cymbal - see 'HiHat Input' in Pedal's Misc settings.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Karcastic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:53 pm

dmitri wrote:You can use any other input for the HiHat cymbal - see 'HiHat Input' in Pedal's Misc settings.

Thanks I noticed while looking through settings again that option, it’s on input 2 right now. I’ll try another, and I’m assuming I’d have to change the new inputs midi note to HiHat sound. Giving this a shot now.

It’s been a while now since playing but I haven’t changed my one and only config and it worked great when last playing. I blame my soldering, but it looks ok and all other jacks are fine. I’d blame my hot piezos too for killing an input if at all possible too.
Karcastic

Postby Karcastic » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:35 am

Sorry everyone... I’m terrible. I built this awesome kit a few years ago and never labeled my jacks... was following my ribon cable only to find out I was plugging into the low impedance pedal input. Sorry to waste your time!!! All inputs are fine and this MegaDrum module kicks butt again! Thanks for the quick responses, and Dmitri, I’ll have to read up on your latest and greatest and order it! I think I bought the 20mhz basic at the time and it’s a blast, and very customizable. Great work, can’t say it enough, Thanks
Karcastic

Return to MegaDrum Hardware