Sorry..yes me again.

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Sorry..yes me again.

Postby CairnsFella » Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:53 am

Sorry all.

My latest prob is one I can workaround so I ask only for assistance if you really know the answer without taking up your time ?!?

Basically, I was redoing my "keyboard" connectors to my rotary and microswitch layout. This had been fine up to now. Suddenly it stopped responding to "up" "down" inputs.

I took of the swtches and checked the inputs shorting across the pins directly, and true enough I am only getting left and right inputs (which at present are only giving drum map selections.

I know the pins are all working because

1. I can do the sysex update thing when powering on and, most importantly, if I select "reset" on the atmega pins, then all the keyboard inputs work .... until the VU meters reappear. Then only left right works again.

I have reloaded the firmware a few times but no difference.

(and I realise as I write this, that my workaround is no use as I will have reset everything... oh dear.)

Anyway, I know I have takien more than my fair share of your time, so I will probably just go ahead an replace all the components in the "keyboard" chain... but if anyone does know the solution for sure, I would be pleased to find out.

Thanks, as always.

Edit.. I have indeed now found a workaround (that may also help with diagnoses ?) If I turn off quick access, then all keyoard functions work ok !!!!!.. of course I lose the quick access function, but it's better than before......
CairnsFella

Return to MegaDrum Hardware