Releasing the note with positional sensing,

Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Releasing the note with positional sensing,

Postby mguerette33 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Hi, quick question as far as positional sensing on the snare it is working almost 100 % my zone are perfectly defined if I hit from edge to center at 4 hit per second all is fine sound is switching perfectly from edge to center etc.. but as soon I start to do some roll on the snare from side to center or center to side the note stick meaning that if I start with side of snare edge sound will continue to the center until I leave like quarter of a sec before I hit back, I tried all setting possible , I have a piezo piezo pad laurin 12 inch snare mesh is tight like I said it work like a charm till I start to do faster rool exemple 8 hit a second.

Let me know what could improve this, pos is 2 , low level at 16 , high at 17 , mini scan best result is at 35, gain set to 0 and have a nice velocity does not seems to hot.

Thanks.
mguerette33

Re: Releasing the note with positional sensing,

Postby ignotus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Lower 'Note Off Delay' to 20 in the Misc menu.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby mguerette33 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:14 pm

Thanks you so much ! that fixed the problem, thought the setting for that would have been per each channel! working amazing, few adjustment still left do on positional sensing as when I hit really hard on the edge I get the center sound just at really high velocity so will tweak tonight!!!
mguerette33

Postby ignotus » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:18 pm

Low at 16 and high at 17 sounds a little too close together. Ideally they should be further apart so you can get intermediate transitions from centre to edge - with those settings you'll only get centre and edge and nothing in between, apart from the fact that you're likely to get jumps from one to the other while hitting the same area.
If it ain't broken... fix it until it is.
ignotus

Postby mguerette33 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:43 pm

once again I thank you , I have played a lot with megadrum in 2014 so its been 2 years since I did not touch , I received my module few days ago and try to get into it again, I will give some space in between, I thought that the in between would not trigger any sound so I will try that!
mguerette33

Postby daniele99 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 am

ignotus wrote:Lower 'Note Off Delay' to 20 in the Misc menu.

You saved my day! Tonite i'll try this. MIDI cc then is transmitted only if we are in a snare note "off" status? Or it remains "frozen" and then repeated during rolls till a note off is sended?
Daniele99
DIY edrum kit, Yamaha PCY135, PCY155, Millenium/Alesis 1zone cymbals,Roland FD-8,Roland SPD-S
daniele99

Postby daniele99 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:12 pm

note off delay at 20 worked for me too! thank you
Daniele99
DIY edrum kit, Yamaha PCY135, PCY155, Millenium/Alesis 1zone cymbals,Roland FD-8,Roland SPD-S
daniele99

Return to MegaDrum Hardware