Discussions related to MegaDrum Hardware

Re: MegaDrum Lite kit for sale

Postby tsaktuoze » Sat May 02, 2015 3:21 am

how do i get the kit?
tsaktuoze

Postby dmitri » Sat May 02, 2015 10:54 am

tsaktuoze wrote:how do i get the kit?

I sent you a PM with order instructions.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby petrob » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:58 am

Hi Dimitri,

I got a few questions to ask you:

1) If I understand correctly, the MegaDrum Lite kit can be controlled 100% via MegaDrum Manager once connected to a PC via the USB port, correct?

2) Does that mean the MegaDrum module will work even if you don’t connect the LCD screen and the up/down/left/right buttons and the MIDI activity LED to the Lite main board?

3) So the minimum requirement to make it work is to connect the on/off switch, the USB port and the 24-input connector to the board. Still correct?

4) Does the optional Positional Sensing board match the size of the Lite PCB? Same hole location? (To be able to stack the PCBs one over the other with spacers inside a small enclosure.)

5) What about a PCB board with all the input jacks already soldered on it, ready to connect to the main PCB with a flat-cable connector? Do you ever think of making one available again?

I’m asking all these questions because I’m really interested in your MegaDrum project but I’m all thumbs and can’t use a solder gun so for this project to be manageable by me it needs to be simplified to the extreme as much as possible. Unless, of course, you plan to build a complete ready-to-use MegaDrum Lite kit inside a small enclosure. :D That would be just great!

Regards,

petrob
petrob

Postby dmitri » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:46 am

petrob wrote:1) If I understand correctly, the MegaDrum Lite kit can be controlled 100% via MegaDrum Manager once connected to a PC via the USB port, correct?

Yes.

2) Does that mean the MegaDrum module will work even if you don’t connect the LCD screen and the up/down/left/right buttons and the MIDI activity LED to the Lite main board?

Yes.

3) So the minimum requirement to make it work is to connect the on/off switch, the USB port and the 24-input connector to the board. Still correct?

Yes.

4) Does the optional Positional Sensing board match the size of the Lite PCB? Same hole location? (To be able to stack the PCBs one over the other with spacers inside a small enclosure.)

No. Sizes differ slightly so you have to place the PS board beside it, not on top.

5) What about a PCB board with all the input jacks already soldered on it, ready to connect to the main PCB with a flat-cable connector? Do you ever think of making one available again?

No, I've never offered such PCB and I don't plan to.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby angr77 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:10 pm

I have installed a MegaDrum board inside a Cajon + piezo sensors....and left the power connector - in the always on mode. (The power switch connector shortend). In my case immediately when inserting the USB cable the MD boots up. Works like a charm.

Also the workflow to use the MD completely without a display and only use MDM works like charm. Functions like highlevel auto etc can be initiated from MDM. I am guessing that some functions are hard to do via MDM like "set all edgeSW", See the PS locator when dealing with the PS settings etc... but that is maybe overkill in this stage. :-)

Best Regards

ANGR77
Sonor, Drum-Tec heads, Roland CY14, CY12&15R, 2x BT-1 & VH11, 12, 13, Triggera D11, 2xD14, Pintech Dingbat, Letric Moo, Quartz triggers, 2xARM based MegaDRUM, PS Board, M-Audio FT Ultra 8R, Addictive Drums 2.1.6, Surface Pro 5 http://zourman.com
angr77

Postby petrob » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Thanks Dmitri and Angr77 for your prompt replies.

Dmitri,
What's the dimensions of the Positional Sensing board? I want to go hunting for the smallest enclosure possible.

Also, tell me if I'm wrong but according to the Positioning Sensing add-on board installation pictures you provided I believe there might be a way to "fold" the add-on board on top of the main board, using the short flat "union" cable as a "hinge" and hold both board with the same corner screw (and a spacer). There's still the problem of holding the add-on board from another location but that might be feasable with some sort of L-shape or Z-shape bracket. Food for thought...

Thanks again,

petrob
petrob

Postby dmitri » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:30 am

The PS addon is about 52x70mm.
You can fold it on top but mount holes on the PS addon are positioned differently from the MegaDrum main board (lite or not) so you will have to leave it hanging in the air.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby Anthonymeyer » Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi, Dmitri!

Customs fees in Brazil are included in the price?
Anthonymeyer

Postby dmitri » Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:21 pm

No. When posting outside of EU I do my best to minimize Customs charges (if any). I sent you a PM.
dmitri
Site Admin

Postby shumy » Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:46 am

Hello, I´m from Argentina, and want to order a kit. Would you please send me isntructions? and confirm cost too. Thank you.
shumy

PreviousNext

Return to MegaDrum Hardware